Chapter 5

As the brothers came stumbling home from the mine they slowly poured into the cottage moaning and groaning about all the hard work they had put up with. Todomatsu and Osomatsu were quick to run whining to the princess in hopes of getting some affection. Sure it's pity affection but beggars can't be choosers. As the princess comforted the man children as Choromatsu began on dinner, much to the other brothers complaints because they wanted (y/n)'s cooking.
As the brothers bickered (y/n) wondered if Choromatsu ever got a break. Soon it was the time of day for stars to shine. It had ended up being that (y/n) made dinner with Choromatsu's help to satisfy the brothers desires. It was now dark and each brother was in their own bed, except for Karamatsu who was sleeping on the floor since (y/n) was in his bed.all were asleep except for (y/n) who was still pondering over her life's recent rise in excitement when she heard a sudden squeak of the board. Another squeak was soon to follow, it continued on like this as the sounds slowly faded down the stairs, opening her eyes, (y/n), now curious slowly got out of bed and made her way to the steps gently made her way through the cottage to the front door that was left ajar. Stepping out into the cold night air the princess shivered but stayed determined. She was going to find out what was going on! the sound of crushing leaves filled her ears and she was swift to follow where the sound led her. She was bargaining to gain pace with whoever was outside and when she was able to make out the shape of a body in the half moonlit night she didn't hesitate to grasp its hand. A sudden squeak filled the darkness as the figure turned towards (y/n). They stared at one another for a second before being able to make out each other's faces. "P-princess!?" Whisper yelled a familiar voice."Choromatsu?" Inquired the princess. The figure gave a small nod just barely lit in the moonlight. What was not present in the moonlight was the poor green virgin's blush as the princess continued to hold his hand. Choromatsu who was caught in a daze was only barely able to make out the princess's question. "where are you off to?" Jolting Back into reality Choromatsu took note of the passing timed squeezed (y/n)'s hand lightly. There wouldn't be time to walk her back to the cottage so she would just have to come with him.
Choromatsu uncharacteristically boldly looked into (y/n) eyes with a glint of joy in his own as he spoke "I'll show you" and with that Choromatsu began to lead the princess off into the woods. both their hands clenched together. After minutes of following behind Choromatsu as He fast walked forward without a hint of hesitance in his step the two soon began to approach a orange glow in the distance. As the two grew closer they stepped into a clearing with what looked to be a tavern in the middle. And from the loud song and cheer coming from the tavern. As they approached the tavern Choromatsu let go of (y/n)'s hand and opened the tavern door for her. As she stepped into the threshold she was immediately met with warmth and cheer. Stepping forward into the cozy building and looking what first caught the girl's eye was on the stage in the back of the tavern. On the stage stood a very pretty girl with crystal green eyes and cat ears. The girl in cat ears was singing a very catchy tune that many men were chanting along to in the audience. The princess did not notice Choromatsu walk up behind her until he timidly broke her out of her thoughts, losing any hint of confidence he previously had. "Um-her name is Nyan-chan, she's a popular bard around her. I come here to listen to her sing as often as possible." Choromatsu explained. Fearing how the princess would react to her knowing of his cute bard obsession Choromatsu looked to his Feet. As he was about to speak up to defend himself he was interrupted by the princess loudly singing along to the song,her voice resonating with glee. Choromatsu stared in astonishment before grinning widely and began to sing along. Their voices were just starting to hurt when the cat eared girl's eyes landed on the pretty (e/c) eyed girl in the crowd. Smiling brightly Nyan-chan suddenly grasped onto (y/n)'s hand and pulled her onto the stage. It took a minute before (y/n) had her footing but was very quick to start singing and dancing alongside Nyan-chan. Choromatsu could only stare from the crowd up at the shining girl before him. He stood quiet as his and (y/n)'s eyes met. Reaching her hand out to pull Choromatsu onto the stage as well, he was slow to grasp her hand. Eyes not tearing away from her smiling face. As (y/n) pulled Choromatsu up, heart beating in his ears, he couldn't help but think to himself 'what a special girl'