Chapter 9

The princess sat on the ground by the slowly dying fire. Her legs were stiff from sitting so long but for the princess it had felt like time had stopped, far too wrapped up in her own mind to give the slightest notice to reality. Her face was ablaze and her heart pounded wildly in her ear like an untamed beast, thinking back at recent events.. It wasn't just Osomatsu's sudden actions but all of the brother. They were all so odd...but kind to her and each one had a effect on her... before the girl could finish that thought she held her hand close to her heart, it felt as though it was swelling up inside her & her insides were leaping. She felt as though she would cough up a butterfly any second. She had to distract herself from this. standing up quickly she became light headed and balanced herself on a nearby chair trying to stand steadily.when she finally steadied herself she had determined that a walk would be a healthy way to sort out her thoughts. As she quicken her pace flipping open the front door to the cottage only to stop abruptly in her tracks. Before her stood an sagging old woman, fist raised in mid attempt to knock on the wooden door. The woman had obviously had seen many years pass. Her protruding teeth yellowing and her hair that showed signs of dark ebony that became a light gray at the roots, all of it frazzled and her body almost seemed crooked in how her back hunched. In her arms a basket with a cloth covering its contents. The woman eyes held bags underneath them that only someone with years of hardship could accumulate. Startled by the sudden appearance of another person besides her and the six brothers, (y/n) was without words for many seconds before remembering her manners."I'm terribly sorry ma'am, are you alright?" The old woman must of been caught off guard as well, her eyes were slightly widened and it took a few moments to steady herself and compose her words. " w-why yes dearly I'm quite fine but I fear you are in quite a bad position my dear" Confused the princess could only stare at the woman in hopes that she would continue, surely someone so old only had wise things to say. The old woman taking the hint to continue her speech opened her mouth once more "What I mean my dear is that the seasons are passing and you must not let fleeting things pass, such as this apple" with a small withered hand the woman removed an apple from the basket and held it up to the girl. "With this apple as a symbol of present happiness,I'll let you take a bite out of it to treasure the happiness you hold right now. The princess stood still. She didn't quite understand what the woman spoke of but... Maybe it meant that (y/n) didn't have to rush her emotions? that she could simply enjoy the presence of the brothers as is.. With that thought in mind (y/n) took the apple from the woman's hand. She did want to treasure the time spent with the brothers. Even if she was confused or ashamed or anything because of her emotions, even if these emotions would pass. She wanted treasure these memories and the happiness the brothers gave her, at least while it lasted. And so the girl took a bite of the polished, crimson apple.

Than darkness.

And only a cackling laugh could be heard in the distance.