Chapter 7

Jyushimatsu waved frantically at his brothers as they departed for another day of work at the mines. (y/n) stood beside him unsure with how to proceed with the day with the gleeful man beside her. He did seem very nice but also hard to communicate with. they hadn't spoken much to begin with, it was mostly him just yelling out his thoughts as (y/n) listened contently. As (y/n) mulled over this thought she barely took notice of a warm hand grabbing her own And started to lead her away from the cottage. (y/n) looked up at the smiling male how seemed to have excitement in his kind brown eyes. (y/n) stopped herself from speaking to ask Jyushimatsu what was going on. No. She would see how this played out and not question the boy at all. He seemed to be unpredictable and just going with the flow seemed a fun enough ride. Soon they came upon a large open field within the woods and Jyushimatsu let go of (y/n)'s hand. Running over to small rock on the ground he bent down and seemed to rummage through the grass for a bit before popping right out with a cleaver like stick in his hand. (y/n) looked at him puzzled and as if sensing her question the young male yelled out "we're gonna play baseball!" This left (y/n) even more confused but was quick to brush it off. Approaching Jyusimatsu's side (y/n) questioned "what do I do?" Jyushimatsu grinned at this and handed an odd white ball with red stitching through it to (y/n). He marched a fair distance away and yelled for (y/n) to throw the ball. Looking down at the odd ball in her hand she clenched her fist around it and chucked it at Jyushimatsu. Just seconds later a resounding thud came from Jyushimatsu's stick and the ball went flying over (y/n) head. That was... Incredible!!! (y/n)'s eyes widened and a light shimmered brightly inside them. (y/n) ran over to Jyushimatsu as fast as she could, quickly screeching to a halt in front of Jyushimatsu. Speedily she asking if she could be the hitter. Jyushimatsu smiled brightly and handed the stick over to (y/n). Running back a ways Jyushimatsu pulled out another ball and threw it with all his might at (y/n). (y/n)'s eyes light up as though a flame was started in them. pulling back the bat she hit with all her might. (y/n) could feel the vibrations through her body as the ball hit the bat and a resounding thud was heard once again. (y/n) looked wide eyed as the ball went flying off into the sky as Jyushimatsu shouted something about a "homerun" racing towards the girl Jyushimatsu was quick to embrace her and spin her around making them both laugh gingerly. "Such a weird girl, I like it"

After some time spent playing more of this 'baseball' the two slowly made their way home, rather scruff end up from their rough playing. When they approached the cottage they were surprised to find that there was smoke coming out of the chimney. Curious,they made their ways to the cabin. Walking in they found the youngest Matsuno comfortable laying in front of the fireplace. Turning his head to greet the two back Todomatsu gasped at their state. " what were you two doing?!-wait no it doesn't matter! Jyushimatsu ni-san don't you know your not suppose to let royalty get dirty!" Todomatsu scolded his older brother who shouted a apology and went on his way. Todomatsu huffed as he turning his head to the princess his cat-like smile soon returning " let's get you cleaned up!" Before the girl could protest Todomatsu had taken her hand and brought her to the back of the cabin which to (y/n)'s surprise had a clawfoot bathtub. What had she been bathing in the creek for?! As (y/n) stood staring at the tub Todomatsu went to work. Pulling up his sleeves he started the water to the tub and slowly poured a mixture into the bath producing many bubbles. He arranged an number of various shaped bottles with different colors that shone through them around the tub, presumably full of different soaps. Finally Todomatsu stopped the water near the top and stepped back admiring his handy work. Turning to the princess who was still staring, Todomatsu began to speak "you take a bath and when you're done washing up come out and we'll fix you up" finally Todomatsu left the room leaving (y/n) confused. Shyly undressing making sure none of the boys were around (y/n) gently lowers herself into the tub. Hot water embracing her almost like a hug. (y/n) gently ran her hands through her hair and let the warmth overtake her body as she watched the bubbles form in the soapy water.
after rubbing some of the various soaps on herself and rinsing herself in the water, she at last considered herself squeaky clean. Lifting herself out of the tub (y/n) danced her eyes over the small room trying to find something to cover herself. Her eyes finally landing on a white towel along with a change of clothes on the ground that had evaded the princess's notice before, did Todomatsu put them their? Brushing it from her mind (y/n) began to gently dry herself off and put her clothes back on. As (y/n) dresses she couldn't help but twirl in her clothes. The feeling of the clean cloth on her purified body was a luxurious feeling that she hadn't experienced since her old times in the castle. In an almost wistful mood (y/n) stepped out of the bathing area into the main area of the cabin. A flame blazed in the fireplace with a gentle crackling filling the cabin. Sitting in front of the fire to dry her still wet hair (y/n) let out a big sigh almost as if it dispersed any last negative in her.
Not moments after the girl had settled down footsteps were heard approaching her from behind. Turning the princess met eyes with a smiling Todomatsu who sat himself next to the princess. Without looking at the princess Todomatsu placed a basket that he had hidden behind his back next to himself and (y/n), before looking up to the girl with the same cat smile he always had. " now we get to the really fun part!" Before (y/n) could say a word Todomatsu moved himself to be facing her back and took her (h/c) hair into his hands and began to brush out the still wet & tangled hair with his hands. (y/n) sat at first shocked at the boy's action, but slowly sunk into the pleasure of being pet and getting such soft affectionate attention. Todomatsu slowly began to braid (y/n)'s hair admiring its luscious texture and fine color. He reached into the basket and pulled out an array of hydrangea flowers and gently arranged them into (y/n)'s hair. The two sat enjoying one another's company with the heat of the fire accompanying them.
Todomatsu huffed in satisfaction as he looked at his work. A three strand braid with hydrangea flowers peppered throughout the braid.
Moving to face the princess he once again went through his wicker basket taking out some red berries. (y/n) with her eyes closed still in a zen like state from the coziness did not bat an eye letting Todomatsu do as he pleased. He had her full trust. Sure he was a little bit scheming and judgmental. Okay very.
But he did it all in the mindset that it would improve himself and his brothers. The idea that he could be a better person and make his own & his brothers lives better! & in the girl's opinion, that was pretty admirable.
Todomatsu gently rubbed the red berries onto the princess lips making them a vibrant red, smudging small amounts of the red pigment onto her cheeks bringing out a slight blush.
Finally he put one last flower behind her ear sighing at the beautiful sight before him. The princess slowly opened her eyes sensing that Todomatsu was finished flashing him a bright smile making the boy's heart stop. Abruptly the girl stood herself up much to Todomatsu's confusion and placed herself behind the pink boy and began to mess with his own hair, in assumably an attempt to braid it her. Todomatsu abruptly became rigid in his spot, not breathing a single breath & began to show a bewildered face. (y/n) staring at him with a similar expression. Why had He suddenly tensed & gone silent? As the girl tried to mutter an if or um Todomatsu spoke up seeming to try and sort out the thoughts in his brain, looking at the girl from the corner of his eye. "You.... Are royalty". (y/n) nodded hesitantly curious as to where this conversation was going. " It is my job as a commoner to spoil and pamper You.... Not the other way around" Todomatsu looked down, his face darkening " For someone so high up in the social ranking as you.. To attempt to give me, or any of my shitty demon brothers is-is". Todomatsu was suddenly engulfed into a warm embrace from behind. The princess was hugging him from behind her face beside his ear making him as hot as the blaze within the fireplace. The princess began to whisper in a voice coated in honey and soft as a cloud into Todomats's ear. " I may be a princess, but that does not make you a commoner." Todomatsu slightly relaxed into (y/n) touch, still confused by her words but accepting the embrace. " you- and your brothers have been phenomenally kind and giving towards me, while I do adore you all for it I cannot accept it all" Todomatsu began to stiffen again. Wait was the princess going to leave? She couldn't do that they had just gotten comfortable! Before Todomatsu began to fully panic (y/n) spoke again."I can't accept a relationship where you only give to me. I want to give to you too, it has to be an equal exchange... So please let me spoil and pamper you and give you all of my affection because I will not settle for giving for you any less. You could be anything in the world but you have still earned yourself a golden spot into my heart." Todomatsu held back tear as the princess began to nuzzle his neck and comb her soft hands through his hair". For the social system that he aimed so so hard to climb up so that him and his brothers could finally be deemed good members of society, to seemingly just vanish before his eyes was remarkable. Even as shitty virgin NEETs, he and his brothers were enough as they were & the princes loved them for it.
Slowly Todomatsu closed his eyelids with the princess cradling him and humming him a tune. 'I don't think... I've ever felt this loved' and with that final thought, Todomatsu fell into a blissful sleep.