Chapter 8

Osomatsu calmed his breathes as he walked towards the cottage he called home. He had been sent to retrieve Todomatsu since he sneaked off during work. In reality Osomatsu used Todomatsu sneaking off as an excuse to get out of work himself. He had been gone from the mine for at least an hour & if he didn't come back soon with Todomatsu, his younger brothers would beat him up for it. Despite this Osomatsu had vanished any guilt in his mind, if there was any to begin with. In his own way he had been working hard. He had looked down at his hand with dirt under his fingernails and the feeling of mud beginning to dry and stick onto his hands. But his worn hands were not the focus of his attention but a bright & gorgeous display of colorful blossoming flowers, it had taken some scavenging, digging and fighting off that one squirrel but he had somehow managed to arrange a bouquet of flowers fit for royalty, which conveniently they were actually meant for. Of course Osomatsu hadn't bothered to ask what your favorite color was so he went for a theme of his own. He knew you seemed to get along with all the brothers well so why not give you a flower arranged in their main colors! And fitting perfectly like he had imagined them the flowers bloomed brilliantly with reds, blues, greens, purples, yellows and pinks. As Osomatsu admired his handy work his breath seemed to finally even out from the work out he had just been through (that Squirrel had been one cheeky bastard and put up a good fight), but that wasn't the only thing keeping his heart rate up. He was about to present a bouquet to a cute girl, how could he not be nervous. Looking up he was surprised to find the front door to the cottage, he must of walked right up to it while lost in thought. It took him a moment but he raised his hand now feeling a shoot of confidence run through his system pushed the door open "(y/n) I--". Before he could continue Osomatsu's eyes landed on the sight of his youngest brother held in (y/n)'s arms with a soft snores came from his body. Making a eye contact with (y/n) and with a nod of a head signifying the need for silence. Osomatsu moved quickly and carefully he as he approached (y/n)'s side and gently took Todomatsu from her arms, the princess carefully untangling herself from the pink boy. It startled the girl slightly when a bouquet of flowers was gently pushed into her embrace replacing the warmth of Todomatsu. looking up she was met with a pair of lips on her forehead and a whispered "thank you (y/n)" from Osomatsu. Standing up with Todomatsu thrown over his shoulder similar to a sack of potatoes Osomatsu made eye contact with the girl one last time before giving her a cheeky grin and turning to walk away leaving the girl a blushing mess. Osomatsu walked out of the cottage and a fair distance away smiling to himself before he came to a stop looking back to make sure the princess wasn't watching. Once he had confirmed that she was not watching he chucked his brother's sleeping body into the bushes of that beast of a squirrel's nest.
"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!"
And with that Osomatsu continued on his way back to the mines with his head filled with daydreams of the sweet princess 'she's so sweet, next time I'll make sure my kiss doesn't miss'