4

Calum

I look over at Carter, who was sitting on the couch in my apartment. "Do you like her in a more than a friend way?" I ask him. He looks up at me and so does Kourtney. We were avoiding the topic as I made us breakfast. "I don't want to overstep, if you like her, I'll keep away."

"I'm gonna be completely honest with you. I don't have feelings for her, and she doesn't have any for me. We kissed once, testing the waters, and it was the most awkward shit ever. It was as a chaser, last year. We didn't like it, so we didn't do it again. But I make jokes about it, and so does she. She can be affectionate, yes, but pretty much only to me when she wants a guy to leave her alone." He said.

"Did she want me to leave her alone?" I ask, feeling a little bummed.

"No dude, she was interested in you. You didn't catch her checking you out? She was uncomfortable with that dude Lance. None of us have gotten a good vibe from him, so she tried to stay away from him since he even showed a tiny bit of interest in her." I did see her checking me out. When she got caught, she looked down and blushed. Except for a time or two when I got caught. She would stare back, a slight smile on her pink lips. She was gorgeous with her blonde hair that looked almost white, and the slight curls. She had pretty hazel eyes. Her lips looked so soft, I wanted to feel them.

"Oh." I simply say, flipping the pancakes that were on my pan.

"You should DM her." Kourtney said from the couch. "Or go see her at work."

"Where does she work?" I asked.

"You know the record store on fifth? There. It's called Keen Records. She works there with TiLLie, or Grace. Grace even owns it." Kourtney answered. I was thankful for this information.

"Yeah, dude. Just casually show up. She's more than likely going to be there. This was her first day off in a bit. She's always working."

"What is she doing today?" I asked. The two of them looked at each other, having a silent conversation with their eyes.

"She's probably going to spend most of the day with a book. We' go by her place after we leave here to tell her goodbye." I didn't question their glance at each other. It wasn't my business what she would be doing. I was just curious. I just nodded and handed them their plates. They tanked me and I smiled. I enjoyed cooking, sometimes.

After they left, I laid in my bed. I contemplated messaging her, but I decided against it. I would just show up and see her. I cracked at the end of the day. I wanted her to smile because of me, again.

Kira

I put Ace in the Target cart, and roamed the isles. I didn't really come here for anything besides bedding, but the items at Target call for you. I decided to get Ace some treats, for being a good boy. I smiled, kissing my baby boy that sat in the children's seat of the basket. He licked my face and I giggled. I think he knew I wasn't having the best day. He was trained to know, after all. I picked out similar bedding to what I had before, fluffy and comfortable looking. I grabbed white bedding though, and I hoped that i wouldn't regret that.

I picked up some candy and looked through the books. There were so many of them, yet not enough. I picked up one that had a movie made out of it called "Everything, Everything." By Nicola Yoon. I loved the movie, so I figured that I would love the book.

After that, I drove to the nearest beach that I never went to with Colin. I parked, grabbed the dog, and sat in the beach chair I kept in my trunk. At the very least, I would have thought that he would have only been seeing me, but I was wrong. I was a complete idiot letting someone treat me like a toy. There was no way in hell that that man actually had feelings for me. I puffed out the breath I was holding in. It was now probably three o'clock. I could stay here and read until dark, and then pick myself up something for dinner. I was thinking a pizza.