Chapter 9: Rapunzel

Rapunzels Pov

I really wanted to go ice skating with the group... but mother told me I had to get home as soon as schools out. I dropped off Elsa in a really pretty house. but I noticed that she lived across the idiot Jack.

I was very surprise to see he having a black eye today. no one in school had the guts to fight him, I wonder what happened.

I arrived home at my 3 story home and put Maximus back in his stables. I walked inside and saw mother waiting impatiently on the couch. her hair was curly black and her skin was pale with grey eyes.

"I'm home mother..." I said lowly

"Where have you been?" she sounded normal

"I-"

"I thought I made it clear that I want you home straight after school! you are 10minutes late!" she raised her voice standing up

"I'm sorry... I was dropping off my friend at her house!" I told her terrified of what she was about to do. she picked up a glass vase and threw it at me. I ducked on time and heard it smash against the wall. My eyes widened

"You come home straight after school! I don't want you with friends, I don't want you with anyone! do I make myself clear!" she shouted.

"Y-yes mother..." I ran to my room on the top of my home and shut the door behind me. I sled down my door and hugged my knees crying my eyes out.

What am I going to do..? I grew up with a abusive mother... and I can't leave. I tried doing that and she beat me! I can't make that mistake again...i'll never be free...

I got up and sat on my bed looking at my pet chameleon,Pascel, in his tank. I grabbed my pink pj dress and put it on. it exposed many bruises and scars on my arms and legs from my past experiences... that's why I always wear long pants and sleeved shirt or hoodies at school... I don't want anyone to see what I've been through...

I laid on my bed hugging my stuffed chameleon and turned on the Tv. The news was on.

"There have been burglaries around the neighborhood for the past two months. this wanted thief has been stealing valuable goods from all over the country. no one knows what he's been looking for, but he will not stop till he gets his hands on it, here is a picture of the man, his name is Flynn Rider" the screen showed a drawing wanted poster sign of a man with a grin, goatee and a huge nose. He looked kinda funny, but he also looked kinda cute behind big nose there.

I sighed and walked towards my walking closet. I looked through my box of valuable items, expensive earrings, chains, rubies, everything. mother gave these to me, telling me if she ever passes away, she wants me to sell these items

I placed the box in a high shelf and closed my closet shut with a lock and I hide the key. I don't want the burglar taking my stuff if he did come.

I ran over to some paint and started to paint on my walls. since I had nothing else better to do. I love painting! I paint me and a lot of golden suns. I didn't have much space to paint, so after I was done painting Elsa and Anna near some flowers and snowflakes, I walked over and started doing other arts and such.

I looked at my mirror and started brushing my hair. "flower gleam and glow...let your power shine..." I sang the song that's been stuck in my head ever since I could remember. I know mother didn't sing this, so who did? it wasn't a famous band because I was forbidden to listen to music. only make it.

It was getting late, but I continued to stay up and drew Elsa in my sketch book. it feels like I know her...but I don't know how... Her platinum blonde hair looks familiar to me.