Chapter 18

"Dil, there's nothing here," Miles said but he felt a tingling sensation. There was something here but he just couldn't see it and that made him scared.

"I know," Dil said and grinned as he climbed off the bike. "That's sort of the beauty of all this. You just need to look slightly harder."

"You're insane. I'm out of here."

"Camouflage," Dil explained. "Andy doesn't want just anyone dropping in on him so it's hidden from plain sight. And the building always moves but it never goes out of New York."

"How's that even possible?"

"Andy practices the mystic arts."

"A sorcerer with an IQ of 301. That's worrisome."

Thunder rumbled and the sky above them darkened. Miles looked up, his heart racing and he climbed off the bike. "Dil, what the hell is happening?"

"I'm not sure."

"Okay, we need to get the hell out of here," Miles said and tried to start his bike but there was a whirring sound followed by a spluttering sound and smoke came from the bike's engine.

"This is freaky," Dil murmured and whimpered.

"You've done it, Dil. You've killed us both."

"You two aren't dead yet," said a voice and Miles turned around to see a boy with short dark curly hair with shaved sides. He had green eyes and his jaw and chin were shaped in such a way that he resembled Tony Stark.

"I take it, this is Andy Stark?" Miles queried, peering at the boy.

"Master of the Mystic Arts and one of the smartest people alive," the boy said. "What do you two want?" He looked either fifteen or sixteen but something about this boy still gave Miles goosebumps.

"That's quite the resume you have," Miles said and walked towards the boy. "But I'm here because you said you were making a dope-ass suit for me?"

"Dil Casen?" Andy asked.

"That's me."

"So who's this?" Andy asked and glared at Miles.

"Someone very interested in this suit you're working on."

"I instructed you to come alone," Andy said and turned to face Dil. "It's public information how much I hate guests. Unlike my father and his father, I prefer the quiet, secluded life."

"That's a pretty cool story. Where's the suit? I can't stay here much longer because you're creepy."

"I get that a lot. From all the souls I have trapped in my ring," Andy said and flashed a black, obsidian ring that he had on his right index finger.

"Okay, I'm out of here," Miles said and turned around to walk away but he hit an invisible wall.

"You have powers."

"What gave that away?"

"I can read you like a book. You have good intentions but there's suppressed darkness within you. That makes you dangerous. It's my sacred duty to rid the world of dangerous people."

"Fine job you've been doing, sitting here in your invisible mansion while the rest of the world falls to shit. Are we getting the suit or not?"

"Fine, you can come in. I'm bored, anyways."

The sky became clear and the Stark Tower shimmered into visibility in the empty expanse of land. Miles tried to walk towards the tower but the world swirled around him and he appeared inside the tower.