Chapter Eighteen

I needed to get out of here. Like, now.

If sitting in Mr. Brighton's chemistry class wasn't a good enough reason to take a long vacation out of town, then hopefully the fact that I was being pursued romantically (?) or something, by two vampires, one who might be crazy, was. For the past few days I had been constantly on edge; we hadn't seen Cyril since his little visit to my house, but I always had the feeling of being watched, and not by the other vamp boy sitting directly behind me staring at the back of my head.

"You're tense." Ashton murmured, winding a lock of my hair around his pencil. If I could stiffen any more in my seat I was sure I'd turn into a statue.

"You staring at me isn't helping." I whispered back, my nails tapping on the desk in agitation.

Ever since my...enlightening dream with Cyril, Ashton had rarely left my side. He drove me to school, he followed me around town for shopping, he even stayed by my side when I slept. Not that I was complaining or anything, I mean, he did kiss me every now and then. Steamy, passionate, possessive kisses that made my toes curl. I had to give it to him, he certainly knew what he was doing.

Whenever he wasn't by my side Ruby took his place, but she was pretty much always around anyways. They were doing it for my protection, I get that, but I was nearing a breaking point. I felt like I was being suffocated. I needed someway out, one that provided me at least a week without any vampires at my back, and I needed it fast.

My nails stopped their drumming when the girl in front of me turned around to shoot me a dirty look, and I gave a half hearted smile as an apology as I slumped back in my sleep. "What's wrong?" he asked, leaning forward to rest his chin on my shoulder. I shrugged him off, shaking my head.

"It's nothing. I'm just tired." I lied, beginning to tap my heel impatiently. I needed quiet. I needed to be alone to think. I raised my hand, catching Mr. Brighton's attention. "Um, yes Delilah?" he asked, smacking his lips together as he turned from where he was writing on the board. "May I use the restroom Sir?" I asked, itching to get out of my seat. He gave a wave and a nod and I bolted up, quickly escaping the classroom.

I let out a deep sigh once the door closed behind me, closing my eyes for a good couple of seconds before walking down the hall. I pulled my phone from the pocket of my jeans and pulled up Chrome, and then stopped. What was I going to do? Where would I go? If I was lucky enough to even get away, I needed to go somewhere they wouldn't look for me. I scoffed. Who was I kidding? I could go to Alaska and they'd probably follow me. Like I even had the money to get there.

Determinedly, I pulled up my contact list and began to scroll through it.

'I guess I only have one choice.'

~

"Look, I just need some space okay? I'm pretty sure I'll be just fine even if you're on the other side of the door." I said firmly, not moving from my bedroom doorway.

"What about your window? We can't take any risk here Delilah." Ashton replied with a scowl, jabbing a finger at the open window behind me.

I rolled my eyes, trying to shut the door in his face again. "Look, I'm not six years old. And I'm pretty sure you'd be able to bust down this door quicker than anything jumping into my room and attempting to snatch me out the window. Now move!" I groaned, placing both my hands on his chest to push him out. His hand slapped the door, and he looked down at me, his eyes storming.

"Fine, Ruby and I will leave you be, but only for an hour. Then we're coming to check on you." he muttered, ruffling my hair before stalking away. I watched his back as he went down the stairs, and when he was out of sight lifted my arms heavenward.