Chapter 5

Ellie's POV

"Wake up Ellie," Luke sings, "Time to go to the shops!" "Alright, hang on," I tell him. I groan as I stand up and stretch. I barely did anything yesterday and I am sore.

"What else is up today?" I ask. "A housewarming for us, I invited the boys and their girls," Luke says, "Its supposed to be a surprise, but Calum was nice enough to tell me anyways." Too bad Jaime won't be coming, it would make my day to see her.

"And guess who else I have invited?" he asks. "Jaime?" I ask, excited. He shakes his head. "Close," he tells me. I frown.

"You can't just force Lennie and Michael to love each other," I tell him. "It'll work," he tells me, "And besides, she got some secretary job that pays a ton in the Melbourne area, so she lives really close to us."

"Fine, but don't expect a miracle," I tell him. I grab some poptarts and run upstairs to get ready for the mall.

I honestly am not in a nice kind of mood, so I just dress in slouchy clothes. I put on ripped skinny jeans, my marching band shirt, and Niall's letter jacket thing. I top it all off with some moccasins.

"You look lovely," he tells me. "Shut your trap before I get annoyed," I tell him. "I was being serious," he retorts, "You always look nice." "Why thank you Mr. Hemmings," I tell him, curtsying. "You are most welcome Mrs. Hemmings," he tells me, bowing. We walk into the car and drive to the shops.

"Can we go to Jack Wills?" I ask him, "I desperately need some new jeans." "Of course," he replies. We walk in and I buy five pairs of jeans.

"Now what first, dishes?" he asks. I nod. "Why not, we barely have any," I tell him. We walk into the store and buy some nice ones and even some glassware.

"Hungry?" he asks me once we are done. "Yeah, and I'm really in the mood for a nice, greasy soft pretzel," I tell him. "Sounds good," he says. We stop at the soft pretzel place and get three, we split the third one between the two of us.

We continue shopping until we have everything we need and then go home to prepare for the housewarming.

As soon as we get home, I see several other cars in the driveway. "Looks like we'll be getting ready in the car," he says. I smile. "This is why I left an eyeliner in your console," I tell him. I pull it out and apply it.

I put on some chapstick and smack my lips together. "Alright, we're going in," I tell him. We hold hands and open the door.

"Surprise!" everyone shouts as we open the door. I cover my mouth and try to look surprised. "A house warming?" Luke asks, "You guys are the best." "Well you did it for us," Ashton said, "So we decided to give some payback."

"Mia!" I exclaim. "Ellie!" she squeals. We hug each other and giggle.

"Hello, I exist today," I hear from behind me. I turn around to see none other than Jaime. "Oh my god Jaime! You're here!" I exclaim, hugging her. "Yeah, I moved in with Calum and I can't breathe!" she says quickly and out of breath.

I let go. "Sorry, I was excited," I say, smiling. "I totally get it," she replies, smiling back.

We hear a knock on the door. "I'll get it," Luke says, the two of us already know who it is.

"Lennie!" he exclaims. "Hi," she replies, smiling. "Everyone, this is Ellie and my friend, Lennie," Luke introduces her. She waves and smiles.

We then just talk. I sit down with Mia and Jaime on a couch and we just chat about life.

"So, how do you like Australia?" I ask Jaime. "The weather's beautiful, especially compared to the weather in England," she says, "And Calum's house is gorgeous, I'm happy we're together because I really love him."