Chapter 58

Ansley's POV

I walk to the auditorium with Zain for drama class. We sit down together and he takes my hand, telling me that he's so nervous.

The drama teacher comes in and I smile. "So the roles," he says.

"The role of Danny will be going Zain Malik!" he exclaim. Everyone claps for Zain. He looks at me. "You'll get it," he says, smiling really hard.

"And the part of Sandy goes too..."

Minutes seem to fly by.  My hands are shaking.

"Haily Myer!" 

My jaw drops as she skips up to him and hugs him.  No.

I end up getting Rizzo, and as happy as I am to get a pretty major role in one of our school's musicals, which are a big deal in the area, I'm kind of jealous.

I'm not sure if it's the fact that she got the part of the nice girl and I got the part of the mean girl...

Or if it's that she gets to kiss Zain.

So I'll admit it now, since I've been lying to myself since he came to Australia.

I like Zain.

I like him, and might even love him.

But I don't want to push things two far yet. I'm only in year ten for God's sake!

"It's a shame," he says, "I'll have to kiss that thing."

I look at Haily. She skips over to Zain and I.

"So, he's your cousin?" Haily asks. I shake my head.

"No, we aren't even related," I say, "My parents just prefer to think as Zayn and Perrie as my uncle and aunt."

"Oh sooooooo, are you an item?"

Zain quickly shakes his head, which kind of hurts me inside. He probably doesn't like me back.

"No, we're really close friends though," he says, smiling. I nod, adding a smile for emphasis, and hoping it doesn't look too fake.

"Okay, we ell, I'll see you two around!" she exclaims before skipping off again to be with her friends.

"Are you guys friends?" he asks, tilting his head slightly, "I didn't think you were. I saw those nasty remarks on Twitter."

"No, we aren't, she wants something," I reply, "And I think that thing is you."

He starts laughing really hard. "Stop, I'm being serious," I tell him, putting a hand on my hip.

"Oh boy, really?" he asks, "Are you sure?  Because I'm not sure who would like a person like me, I mean, look at me!"

I do look at him, and I know what kind of person would like him.

And that kind of person is in the auditorium of the high school, basking in the radiating glow of perfection coming from the boy known as Zain, with an 'I', Malik, inside and out.

"I just know she likes you," I reply instead, "And Haily isn't good news. All she wants is a good bang."

"Whatever Ansley," he says, smiling, "I can't believe you since you said she liked me."

"She does!" I exclaim, making him laugh.

"That would be a rare occurrence Ansley," he says, "For someone to like me."

Not so rare in my mind.

.

.

.

.

.

.

Luke's POV

"I'm really scared," I say, not lying.

My dad was dying. This was the end of the road. It's been a long road, one that I am proud to have been included on.

Tears stream down my face.

"Be strong for Ansley," she whispers, "For your daughter."

We walk into the school building. I look like a hot mess.

"We are picking up Zain Malik, Ansley Hemmings, and Weston Hemmings as soon as the bell rings," I tell the woman, sniffling. Ellie wraps a strong arm around  me as the woman calls into their classes.

We get back in the car, where I cry to no end, and to a point that Ellie makes me get into the passengers seat again.

The kids get into the car.

"What's wrong daddy?" Ansley asks in a sweet voice.

"Ansley, your grandad is dying," I say.

And with that, the whole car goes into complete chaos.

.

.

.

.

It's short, and kind of a filler.

I'll update again soon!

Bye now!

<3Cat