Chapter 60

Again, if you want my Twitter, PM me :)

This is not a guarantee that I will follow back.

Luke's POV

I wake up to a scream. 

I watch as Ansley runs to the corner and starts sobbing. And then I hear the flatline.

"Mum!  You guys!" I cry, pressing the red button. Doctors wheel him out, but I know it is too late.

"Ansley sweetheart," Ashton says, crouching down beside her. She looks up to where dad's bed used to be and screams. Tears stream down my face. I can't even bring myself to comfort her.

I walk into the hallway for a second and call Ellie.

"Hello?" she replies.

I attempt to talk, but start sobbing instead.

"Luke, honey, I'll be there in a second," she says. I hang up and walk back into the room. Ashton is holding Ansley and looks up at me. He is the only one who isn't sobbing, and is just crying.

I sit down beside my daughter and hug her. I let out a huge sob that I have held back while I was in the room.

"Daddy, please don't cry," she chokes put between sobs. I have no response.

"Why did this happen?" she whispers, "He was so nice, and I loved him so much."

"I don't know Ansley," I reply, burying my face deeper into her shoulder.

.

.

.

.

Ellie's POV  (It's been a while since I've done this)

I hang up the phone and lean against the wall.

Wes and Zain are currently upstairs gaming, playing music, and chatting, I have yet to break the news.

I really don't want to.

Luke was insanely sad, and I could swear that I heard Ansley scream in the background.

I decide to call Niall first, he'll be a bit easier to tell.

I call him up.

"Niall, you're going to need to get your scrawny ass down here as soon as possible," I tell him.

"What?" he asks.

"Luke's dad died," I tell him.

"The lads and I will be on the next flight," he replies before hanging up.

Great.

I walk upstairs and open the door of Wes' room to find him and Zain playing XBox

"You guys, I have to tell you something," I say in a solemn voice. They pause their game and look at me. "Yes Mrs. Hemmings?" Zayn replies.

I sighs. "Luke's dad died this morning," I say quietly. I look up at them, Wes looks down at his thumbs.

"Is Ansley okay?" Zain asks.

I look at him.

"Honestly, I am not sure," I reply. I leave the room to keep myself from crying.

Wes didn't seem to even care.

What kind of child have I raised?!

.

.

.

.

Yeah.

It's only gonna get worse.

Vote and comment!

Bye now!

<3Cat