Rare Blood

Santana wasn't usually one for the bar scene. She found the vampires who frequented such establishments to be the worst kind of vampire: young, power-hungry, and itching for a fight. But one night her oldest friend - if you could call her that - dragged her to Fangtasia and she decided she would try to have a good time for Quinn's sake. She didn't have many other options.

She had only been there ten minutes when Quinn ditched her and she heard a commotion in the corner. She looked over and saw a human girl - she couldn't have been more than twenty - caught between two male vampires. A mixture of intrigue and absolute terror was blended in the girl's eyes as she looked back and forth, increasingly uneasy with the way they were grasping her elbows, pulling like a rag doll.

Poor thing. Santana couldn't even see any bite marks on her. Most likely she was here on a dare or some sick kind of sorority pledging ritual where the recruits were sent to vampire bars and told not to come back without fang marks. Kids these days.

Santana tried to ignore the escalating conversation. She wasn't about to let two baby vamps ruin her night. She prided herself on her self-control, and was disgusted by vampires who couldn't restrain themselves just because a particular human looked and smelled nice.

And this girl did look and smell nice. More than nice, actually, but something was off. She had worn what must have been someone else's shirt, because she didn't look quite confident enough to sport the plunging neckline. The necklace the draped over and between her breasts was a nice touch. Her breasts were especially alluring. Round and soft and pale. The girl's corn silk blonde hair flowed just past her nipple line, shining in the dim light of the bar.

When she could no longer enjoy her glass of synthetic blood without hearing every word the male vampires were saying, Santana decided she'd had enough of their idiotic predatory argument. She wasn't going to let two baby vampires ruin this stupid girl's life. Not that she cared for humans much, other than having fun with them in the past and feeding from her regular rotation. When she heard one of the men say, "We can both play with her, huh? We'll take turns. She's looking for thrills," followed by a demonic laugh, she stalked over to the corner and released her teeth, glaring at the men before her.

"You're doing a great job of making sure she talks crap about us to her whole sorority," Santana sneered.

The girl looked up at Santana with a combination of fear and relief. Luckily she didn't know that Santana had no seniority over these idiot vamps. But the men released her elbows.

Santana stayed cool. "Girl, who sent you here?"

The girl swallowed. "No one. I've been here before."

"No one likes a liar."

The girl hung her head. "My friends sent me."

"I bet they gave you that shirt, too," Santana cooed, tilting her head as she admired the girl's cleavage.

The girl kept her gaze downcast and nodded.

"What did they set you up to, sweetheart?" Santana mocked. "You come here to get your first bite?"

The girl's eyes scanned the room, lingering on the door.

"Answer me," Santana commanded.

"Yes," the girl mumbled.

"And now you're having second thoughts," Santana finished.

"Yes."

Santana straightened up. "You heard her, boys. Back off."

The men slunk away, leaving the girl alone in the booth.

"What's your name, girl?"

"Brittany."