cadere ∞ c.h.

Prologue ∞

It's happening again. I see the all too familiar cold brick walls, hear the constant clank of chains. A slight breeze flows through the room, going right through the scrap piece of fabric this dickwad calls a dress, chilling down to the bone. All the other girls in the room sit crying, fearing what is to come. Next to me, Lydia sits chained to the wall. She's been my best friend since we were 7. We're now 13. She's wearing actual clothes, like most of the other girls here. Her naturally curly blonde hair sits matted atop her head, messily cascading down her back. Then there's Abby. She's been by my side since kindergarten, only to have it explained to us that we are half sisters. Half or not, she's been my best friend since I can remember. Her short brown hair hides part of her face, though you can clearly see a crisp red hand-shaped mark imprinted on her right cheek. Us three, we learned our lesson before. Every girl that screams, cries, yells, or even makes a sound gets killed. So we stay silent, holding our fear for what ever could possibly be in store for us inside, careful not to say anything. Nothing will break us. At first it's just like living a normal, ordinary, average day in this hell, and then HE comes in. Instead of coming to me like usual, HE passes both me and Lydia and heads towards Abby. Though she's slightly older than me, I always protect her, protect my family. "NO!" I will myself to scream, but I can't find my voice. "NO PLEASE STOP TAKE ME! SHE DOESN'T DESERVE THIS PLEASE!" Nothing comes out. I try to pull myself towards HIM but the shackles around my wrists restrain me. I feel them digging into my flesh, tearing through skin, rubbing against my bones, but I don't care. I have my sights on Abby and nothing else. Abby looks at me with frightful eyes, emerald orbs silently praying for my help, knowing sounds label her as good as dead. Her forest eyes fill with tears but I can't seem to do anything.

Screaming, I spring to life, only to find my self in my bed. My sheets are thrown all over the room, fists pound on my door as I wipe the sweat off my brow. It was only a dream.

__________________________________

A/N: hey guys umm I'm Mara and so this is my first fanfic and i think its really bad and all but like vote and comment if you like it or if you think i should keep writing or if i suck or not (don't literally say i suck bc that hurts) umm so yeah that's it i guess byeee ;*