Chapter 6 ∞

*UNEDITED*

Chapter 6 ∞

Mara's POV

"Um Jamie, why are you hugging Harry?" Abby asks confused. We're all confused. In fact, the only people who don't look confused are Jamie, Harry, Ashton and Mikey.

"Uh, yeah, Harry. What the fuck is going on here?" Louis said. He looks over at Harry solemnly, and then turns to look at Jamie, daggers flying her way.

Harry and Jamie look at each other, as if making a decision together. Silence falls over the room until Jamie's voice slices through it. "There's something I should tell you guys. You all know my dad, you all like my dad. Well, you see, my dad is Harry's dad. He's my step brother."

Abby's jaw drops open, so does Lou's. I can't believe she didn't tell me. Shock courses through my body, me standing stiff as a board. I open my mouth to say something, anything, but nothing comes out. Over and over I open and shut my mouth, astounded by what I've just heard. 45 minutes. I've been home for 45 minutes and all this is sprung on me. And I don't know what else to do, other than leave. So I do.

-

I throw my door open only for me to slam it shut again. She didn't tell me. All these years she's kept her family a secret from us. Granted, we did too. But I did it to protect her.

I try to do anything to get it off my brain, something that I can do to escape this reality and come back to it later.

Music.

That's what I've always turned to, and why stop now. Plugging in my headphones, I feel the familiar beat of Sugar We're Going Gospel, my favorite mashup, rushing through my veins, calming me down.

-

Jamie's POV

"Well, she took it a lot better than I thought." My outburst makes everyone look at me. "I thought she'd be absolutely pissed that I kept it from her."

"Listen, James," Abby says. "We, of all people, know Mara. I don't think she would be pissed, per say, because that'd be hypocritical." Wait, hypocritical?

"I'm confused. Why would she be a hypocrite?" Why would she not tell me? Of course she keeps secrets, especially about her past, but never about her family.

Abby looks at Lydia and then back at me. She opens her mouth as if she wants to say something but then closes it right away. After a while she finally answers. "That's something only Mara should tell you." Her reply stumps me, I don't know when she'll tell me, if she even does. I would hope so, a secret for a secret. But I'm still hiding a secret of mine, so I guess it's fair, yeah?

"So Jamie, how's the boyfriend, huh?" Lydia's voice pulls me out of my mind and back into reality. I think about her question for a bit before answering. They don't know who he is, and maybe it's better if it stays that way.

"He's okay," I finally answer. "I talked to him this morning, actually. He seemed happy, he's on vacation right now with his friends, so that's good." I don't think they'll figure it out. Of Mara was on the room I would've generalized it some more, she's the one who would put two and two together. But she can't know. If she thought Harry was a big secret, she'll have another thing coming.

-

Heyyyyyyyyy sorry this sucks and is like really short IKK it's really late and all but wutevr. Soooo does anyone even read this or nah. :/ later bitchachoess