eight

"It's a wedding invitation." she said and I took few steps to take a look at the invitation, although I can guess it from her facial expression.

"Noona, we can make up reasons if you don't want to attend." I suggested after she handed me the invitation and walk to her bedroom.

"Let's talk about that later, Tae. I'll wash up."

"Hold on!" I run to her and reflexively touch her forehead and cupped her cheeks. "Are you catching fever?" I asked immediately and notice her surprise expression. "Oh, you're a bit red but you're not burning. You didn't drink alcohol right?"

"I-I'm not! I-I'm okay. Just let me wash up first!!" She yelled and fastened her steps to her room.

Am I wrong?

Did I do something wrong?

W-WAIT! Did she was just blushing?

You wish! Kim Taehyung, stop imagining things that doesn’t exist!

I shift my attention back to the wedding, she must feel broken even more. It's Younghyun and Minri.

They really have the guts to invite her! Don't they feel ashame?

I let out a light sigh before walking to her kitchen, will she like some soup?

After done cooking the soup and makes sure it's fine, I went to her room and knock it. "Noona, I cooked soup for you. You need to eat so you can take medicine." I said but silence.

Is she's still bathing?

Hesitantly, I turn the door knob and take a peek, "Noona? Where ar-" I whisper slowly before I heard soft sobbing coming from her bathroom.

I need to makes sure I'm not hallucinating, so I step closer to her bathroom door and my heart fell. I knew, she's trying her best to reducing her crying voice, and it hurts me more. I feel my whole body tense up, I'm so mad.

I was about to knock on her bathroom door, but I stopped myself and get out from her bedroom. Then, I took the wedding invitation on the table and throw it to the trash can. Served it well.

How dare they sent invitation to her like this?!

Suddenly, my eyes shift to her phone on the table. The screen turn on because a notification came in. Curiously, I took it and widened my eyes.

Minri: Eun! I sent you the wedding invitation. Did you received it yet?

I don't know what got into me, but since I know her passcode, I unlock it and quickly delete her number along with Younghyun and block both of them.

She didn't deserved them!

I promise, that I'll make her happy and protect her, no matter what.

AUTHOR POV

After makes sure you didn't look like you just cried, you get out from your room and found Taehyung who sat on the living room.

"Tae." You called and he immediately stood up and look at you.

"Noona! Are you okay? I mean... you done bathing?" He asked and you were surprised, thinking if he knew that you cried earlier.

"Yeah, I'm fine. I smell something good, did you cooked the soup?" You smiled as you walk to the kitchen.

On your way, your hand grab a tissue and about to throw it to the trash can, but your eyes immediately spot something familiar in it.

The wedding invitation.

"Let me get some for you." Taehyung came in the scene and quickly pull you away from the trash can.

He bring a bowl of soup for you and also some medicine.

"Empty it and eat this, before you go rest."

"Taehyung, I-"

"Or I will feed you ? He cut you off again so you don't have any other choices.

"Why you don't eat?" You finally asked after a moment of silence.

"I'll eat later. So don't worry." He give you his warm smile and your friends words suddenly echoing in your mind.

"He's so worried that he even didn't ask for more."

"Why are you worried about me?" You asked, not knowing you just asked him out loud when you supposed to ask it inside your mind.

Pretend like it's nothing, you continue eating your soup like nothing happened, while Taehyung is still trying to calm his heart after you attacked him with your question and with that innocent face of yours.

"O-of course I'm worried! You're my best friend!!" He exclaimed and regret it in the next seconds!

What a terrible liar you are, Kim Taehyung!

"That's right." You chuckles. "Thank you, best friend." You smile at him.

An hour later, he was trying to tuck you on bed because you keep fall a sleep on his shoulder when both of you were watching TV in the living room.

"You need to sleep, noona." He said but you keep rejecting with aegyo voices.

You don't even sure you're sick or you're just drunk, thanks to the medicine.

"I don't want to sleep! I'm okay!!" You slurred but Taehyung patiently shake his head and keep trying to make you stay under your blanket on the bed.

"You have to sleep and I will stay here with you until you drift to the dream land."

"Dream land?" You asked like a kid. "Will you be there? Will they also be there?"

"No. They won't be there. It's only me and you there." He replied calmly before peck your forehead, calming your burning body.

Yes, you're catching fever and he didn't help. Even though you're sick and talk nonsense, you still feel your cheeks burning because of his action.

"Taehyung." You called as you staring on him who sat beside you.

"Hm?"

"Are you really gay?" you asked out of the blue which makes Taehyung panic.

Why she asked about that?

"Why you asked that, Eun?"

"Because sometime I forgot that you're gay, thanks to the affection you show me." You answered as you close your eyes. "If you still interest in girls, maybe we can start dating." you muttered in the smallest voice.

And before Taehyung managed to replied, he heard your softly snores voices. Chuckles to himself, he pat your hair lovingly.

"I would love to, Haeun. Only if you let me." He whisper, thinking you won't hear it, but actually you hear it.

And your crazy heart won't stop beating.

What is this feelings ?