nine

It was early in the morning when a middle age lady unlocked your door and step in the house. She tried to walk slowly planning to give you a surprise.

Once she put down her bags on the ground, her eyes started to scan around for your figure. She satisfied herself by checking your photo frames that arranged neatly around there. With a motherly smile, she caress it slowly before she decided to check on you.

Your bedroom door opened and she popped her head slowly before step in. Then her soft smile exchanged by a horror looks in the matter of seconds.

"Song Haeun! What are you doing?!!" She scream, loud enough to woke you and someone beside you.

"Eo-eomma... ? What are you doing here?" You mumbles slowly, still rubbing your left eyes while your right one is just half opened.

"M-Mrs. Song... H-Hello~" another voice greet your mom and that's when you widened your eyes and turned to the voice owner, only to face his morning face.

Taehyung's swolen face are so adorable but you can't take any moment to brag about it now. Even though you also wonder about how he ended up sleeping beside you, it's really not the right time to ask about that.

"WHAT YOU TWO DOING O-ON A S-SAME BED???" Your mom freak out and you both are a little lucky because you two are fully dressed.

"W-we can explain, eomma!" You stood up almost in a rush.

"I-it's not like what you think!" Taehyung added as he quickly stood up as well.

"Then what happened?? Why you two-"

"We've engaged!" You stated out of the blue and 2 pair of eyes eyeing you with thousand reasons why.

"W-what are you saying, Haeun? I swear to God, if you-"

"It's true!" You spare a look on Taehyung's innocent yet surprise face for awhile before you shift back at your mom. "This is our ring. We were planning to tell you and his parents as well. We've engaged, so we live together and sleep together." You showed her both of your rings.

"Song Haeun. Go and wash yourself first. We'll going to have a long conversation." She finally said after calm down from her shocks and eyeing Taehyung beside you. "And you too. I'll prepare the breakfast." She added before turn around and leave your room.

TAEHYUNG POV

Once she heard her mom footsteps faded away, she sat back on her bed and exhales deeply. I never feel this nervous before. My heart beats so fast that I feel so tired.

"We're safe for now." she muttered and I came to her almost in instant.

"W-why you said that, Eun? You lied to her!" I asked, even though I know I wish she was telling the truth. We've engaged and will get married soon.

I wish.

"It's the best I can come up with. I can just tell eomma that you live here so we can divided the rent fee, but how to explain about you slept on my bed ? Should I tell her that you're gay? It's your privacy so I can't reveal it. But wait- how you ended up sleeping in here actually? What happened last night?" She asked and I smiled a bit.

I'm happy that she cares about me and decided to make up the most beautiful lie I could ever ask for.

"You don't want to let go of my arms last night. Yah~ It's true! Stop looking at me like that!" She narrowed her eyes at me, as if I'm gonna do something bad to her.

Well, it doesn't mean really bad, I mean, I wouldn't dare to hurt her, I love her with my entire heart.

'If you still interest in girls, maybe we can start dating.'

Suddenly, her statement last night echoing in my head, I need to confirm it.

"You don't remember anything from last night?" I asked softly and she looks like trying to think hard, "Nah, just forget about yesterday and let's wash up. Your mom is waiting out there." I quickly added once I remember yesterday isn't only about my euphoria that she caused.

It's also about them.

And that them would hurt her.

And I dont want her to get hurt.

AUTHOR POV

You, your mom and Taehyung were sitting in your dining table in silent. Both of you and him coincidentally wearing a same color shirt which received that unbelievable eye gaze from your mom.

"Eomma, can we eat first before do whatever you want? Eun is so hungry~" you asked and plead with the aegyo that you usually use on your parents.

You know your mom can't stand it because she finally give up and three of you started eating peacefully. Little did you know, the only man between two of you also suffering by your aegyo attack.

It's been awhile since he witnessed your aegyo. The last time he remember was when you did it to Younghyun.

"Anyway, don't explain anything before your appa came. He will be here this evening." Your mom started suddenly which makes Taehyung choke on his food and start to cough.

"T-Tae!! You okay? Eat slowly~ here, drink it." You get worried and slowly pat his back.

He drink his water and it was so obvious that he was surprised by your mom's statement.

Your mom's first impression on him isn't that good and this evening he should meet your father?! He can't stop worrying.

Even though he met your father few times back then but the situation is different. He will meet your father as your fiancée.

Fake or real, it's still makes him shaking.

"Feel better now?" You asked once he stopped coughing.

"I told him about your engagement and he didn't sound happy about it." Your mom continue, purposely teasing both of you. Especially Taehyung.

"Eomma! Why you didn't ask me about it? I suppose to tell him by myself!" You protests.

"I did it for you, you're welcome." She then smile mischievously before continue her meal.

Both of you and Taehyung exchange worried gaze not knowing how our father will react to the news.

Your mother was resting in your room when Taehyung pull you to his room. Most of his things has been move to your room so your mom will believe that both of you have engaged.

"Eun~ for real! Let's just confess that we just act up! I'll apologize and admit everything, about how we ended up together. I'll explain everything I-" Taehyung paused when he feel warmness surround him.

It's you, hugging him.

Is it real?

His long time crush is hugging him?