twelve

It was a perfect dinner. Taehyung bring you and your parents to a restaurant to have a dinner together. Of course, there are some awkward moment when they teased you two, not knowing the truth about you and Taehyung.

Still, in sake of their happiness, Taehyung and you tried the best to makes sure they won't suspect anything. Everything was fine, the meal was so delicious. It was your favorite meals and you were enjoying it well until-

"Haeun! Taehyung!!!" A familiar voice shouted from another corner of the room.

You tilted your head to the source of the voice and froze immediately at the scene. Taehyung and your parents followed your gaze and the smile in Taehyung's face faded away almost in instant.

"H-Hi Minri and Younghyun oppa.." you fake a smile at them when two of them approaching your table.

"Hello, Mr. Song and Mrs. Song. It's been awhile." Younghyun and Minri greet your parents, receiving a smile from your mother and a straight face from your father.

You don't remember but your father is a very sensitive person and he knew about you had feelings for Younghyun back then, even though you never tell him.

"I'm glad that we met in here! I texted you asking if you received the wedding invitation yet." Minri stated excitingly as she hold your wrist.

"Ahh, yeah. I wa-" you were about to reply her when Taehyung cut you off.

"Younghyun, can we talk for awhile? Just two of us." Taehyung asked as he stood up out of sudden wearing a hard face.

Both of you and Minri was surprised by his sudden request and so does Younghyun. Taehyung spare you a glance for awhile before he walked away, followed by Younghyun.

Minri turned back to you once they're out of sight and you smile at her.

"Congratulation for the marriage! I'm happy for you."

"Thank you! You will come, right?!"

After Taehyung and Younghyun come back to the table, you notice how Younghyun's face color changed. You met his eyes for seconds before you looked away again.

"We'll get going for now then. See you later." Minri said and greet your parents along with Younghyun before they completely leave.

"You don't have to go if you don't want to." Your father break the silence which makes you looked up to meet his worried face.

"I'm ok-"

"But why? Minri is Haeun's close friend and-" your mother was confused by her husband's statement.

"It will hurt her." Your father cut her off slowly before turn to you again. "I don't want you to get hurt and I put a lot of trust in you, Taehyung." He added and turn to Taehyung who sit beside you.

To your surprise, suddenly Taehyung grab your hand that lay freely on the table and intertwined with his.

"Thank you. I promise I won't hurt her." He exclaimed seriously to your father then turn to you who was still confused by his sudden changes.

That night, you were sitting on the bed scroll through your social media. Accidentally you saw Minri's posts and curiously, you opened the profile to scroll a bit more just to makes your heart feel more uneasy.

"Why you love to torturing your heart?" His voice makes you flinch a bit only to found him sitting beside you holding a cup of hot chocolate. "Drink this. It will makes you feel better." He added as he give it to you.

"Thank you." You muttered slightly and keep away the phone before accept the drink.

"It's hot, be careful." He warned right before you sipped it slowly.

Taehyung stay silent and watched your every moves until you keep it safe on the nightstand.

"What did you and him talked about earlier?" You can't hold it anymore.

He stare at you for awhile before looked away, "Nothing much."

"Nothing much, like what?"

"I asked him and Minri to stay away from you." He can't help but give up under your pleading eye gaze.

"Tae, why would you asked that? If this about the wedding invitation, I'm okay. I jus-"

"I'll take care of it." He cut you off.

"Take care of what?"

"Everything. Just, trust me." He mutter and draw a little smile at you who was still confused. "Trust me, I'll always be here. Now, you have me and the most delicious hot chocolate in the world, you're already the winner!" He added nonchalantly which makes you chuckles.

He always know how to makes you smile even in the hardest time.

"Thank you, Taehyung. I'm very thankful to have you here."

Next morning, you woke up to the empty side of the bed and your mind immediately searching for him.

"Where is he?" you questioned since Taehyung isn't a morning person, it's always you who woke up earlier.

"Eomma, where is Taehyung? .. and appa?" You added quickly once you realize you just mentioned Taehyung's name to your mother.

"Before we take the bus, me and your father decided to have a breakfast together before you two go to work but you ran out of coffee, so he asked Taehyung to go with him to buy us some coffee." Your mother explained and you froze try to study the situation.

It must be awkward for Taehyung. Suddenly you feel sorry to put him in this situation.

Meanwhile, somewhere not far from your house. Taehyung and your father was lining for the coffee in a nearest coffee shop.

"Please just take a sit, Mr. Song. I'll make the order." Taehyung decided and go to order the coffee while your father have a seat while waiting for him.

He was trembling and nervous inside but he tried his best to not showing it until-

"Don't be so nervous with me." Your father started out of the blue when both were on their way back to home.

"A-ah?" He caught Taehyung off guard, but Taehyung brush it off with a laugh. An awkward one. "I'm not. Well, maybe a bit. I'm sorry, I can't help it." He added while rubbing his nape shyly.

"Don't be sorry, kid. Even though I know you and my own daughter lie to me." He said and for seconds Taehyung froze on where he stood, eyes widened, jaw dropped and heart beating fast.

Did he knew it?

About the lies?

And the fake engagement?