Jealousy

The bitter taste of coffee hit your tongue. Sweet but bitter, two flavors that always clashed in your daily life. Whether it was from coffee or from the love from your boyfriend.

There was a special event everyone was planning in on for Hinami so of course you all gathered around in the Antieku baking, decorating, and planning. The little girl you once knew was really growing up. Hinami was turning 17 and you guys were going to throw a surprise party.

You and Kaneki were in-charge of baking little ghoul sweets for Hinami like, little cupcakes and cookies. Maybe a cake if the both of you were up to it. You didn't have very much baking experience though, oddly. Which meant you had to have training with Kaneki, his eye sharp on your movements as you would read the recipes and measure things out.

That had went unnoticed by you, but of course it wasn't unnoticed by a certain obsessive ghoul.

Kaneki had noticed that you were about to pour a tablespoon full of vanilla into the cake batter when the instructions had asked for a teaspoon. He had come behind you and grabbed your hand halting your movements making sure you didn't ruin the batters flavor. Even though Kaneki was doing this for other purposes than what looked to Ayato, the raven haired male got very annoyed. He jolted up from his chair and marched his was over towards both you and Kaneki. Shoving Kaneki aside as he peeled you away and pulled you into an embrace.

"Fuck off Ken, I've been seeing you trying to make moves on my girl this entire time while baking but you went a little to far this time." Ayato growled at Kaneki. "Woah Ayato," Kaneki put his hands up in innocence. "I wasn't trying to make a move I just had to make sure (y/n) wasn't going to make any mistakes while baking the cake for Hinami. Ah, since well she isn't that great of a cook. I want this to turn out the best it can for Hinami." Kaneki smiled and shrugged. "Hey!" You retorted back at his remark about you not being a very good cook. "I am too a good cook! You guys just cant tell because, well youre ghouls!"

Ayato scowled then laughed. "Your cooking is horrible either way, that friend you invited over for dinner as a double date for us. When you cooked and fed her the spaghetti she would spit it out after you left and her boyfriend didn't touch his food at all!" He laughed harder letting you go to clutch at his stomach.

You puffed out your cheeks and crossed your arms over her chest and pouted as Ayato continued to die laughing. "Im sorry, not sorry." He finished and pulled you into a warm embrace capturing your lips sending a course of electricity down to the tips of your fingers down to your toes.

"Love you."