Proposal

Feet firmly planted in the grains that made up the cold sands of this beach. The erratic beat of your heart, drumming in your ears as you try and maintain a steady breath. Winded from the previous events that had unfolded along this very beach you stand on. 

The war between Goat and Clowns began around 4 am, when the stars were still speckled in the sky and the sun was hiding under the oceans horizon, and ended right when the light of the sun painted the sky in hues of baby blue and a deep bright orange. The colors of the rising sun reflected beautifully on the surface of the water. 

The sky and ocean were the only beauty amongst this calamity. At least in your eyes.

Bodies were littered along the shoreline and sand, some alive, some not so much. Blood seeping through the spaces of the grains, disappearing from the top sand. Your body was worn, battered and bruised from the many fights you had faced tonight. You should be exhausted, or erratic and pumped with adrenaline from your survival instincts yet, you were calm, serene and at peace. Maybe its the setting or the assurance that you've survived yet another distasteful war.  Whatever the cause be, you were okay with it. 

Ayato pulled away from his wounded comrade in efforts to give the medical accomplice room to tend. Grasping this as an opportunity to leave, he turned on his heel and walked towards your direction. Stopping just a few feet short of right where he wanted to be, by your side. 

You were painted by the colors of the sky. Now lilac, blue, and bright orange hues blending with the color of your skin. You looked ethereal. Breathtaking, literally. Ayato sucked in the air he didn't know he needed as he thought to himself. Your face is one he wants to see everyday. A voice he wants to laugh with, to be yelled at with, all the good and the bad. Your body is the only one he wants to bind with, to worship, to be close with. 'Marry me,' he believed he only thought but his voice betrayed him and spoke aloud. Your head turned to face him. With a quirked brow you question him, "Did you say something?" Your face was relaxed, eyes warm and soft when fallen upon the image of your boyfriend. Ayato steps forward, his breath lost again as his hands brush against your cheeks. Cherishing the warmth your skin provided before tangling his hands in your hair. He pulls you into a deep kiss and your bodies flush together. Your fists grabbing at the material of his outfit. 

Pulling back after what felt like an eternity, he looked back down at you and spoke against your lips, "Will you marry me?" He pulls back to examine your face as the hues from the sun blend into a brighter shade of orange from the blush that spread across your cheeks, burning in surprise. "Yes," Your eyes squint as they begin to cloud with tears. In a rush, you jump onto him and a pained groan leaves the lips of you both. You wrap your arms and legs around him, chanting 'yes' over and over again. 

Planting kisses all over his face and he laughs lowly. "God, I love you so much to the point I can't imagine a world without you." His hands are in your hair again as he kisses you. "I love you too," you laugh rubbing your nose against him.