Mom Problems

One Void Day, Count Bleck was about to sit on the couch. But right before he did—

"COUNT!! BE CAREFUL!!" shouted Nastasia, dashing over.

"What is it, Nastasia??" Count Bleck asked, poised one inch over the couch.

Nastasia hurriedly reached underneath him and pulled out a tack. "This was it," she said, showing the tiny, shiny, sharp object to the Count.

"DARN, SHE FOILED US!" yelled Mimi from the doorway.

"AGAIN!!" added Mr. L's loud Italian voice.

"You minions!! For shame, said Count Bleck!" Count Bleck said, putting his hands on his hips.

Mimi and Mr. L walked in. Mr. L grabbed the tack from Nastasia. "Dimentio made this," he said sadly.

"We were this close to pranking the Count!!" Mimi complained.

"That's very bad of you two, considering the Count doesn't have a rear!" Nastasia exclaimed. "...erm...do you?"

"That information is classified, Nastasia," replied Count Bleck, gathering his cape.

Mimi and Mr. L were arguing, until eventually Mimi slapped Mr. L.

"HEY!" interjected Nastasia. "Violence is very bad!!"

Then she slapped Mr. L. "And so is disobedience!"

"GEE! Lay off the slapping of my face!!" Mr. L shouted, and tromped off, followed by Mimi.

Nastasia sighed. "What am I going to do with these people??" she asked.

"Perhaps punish them," said Count Bleck. "Or maybe act like a mother, suggested Count Bleck."

"But I AM already, aren't I?" Nastasia wondered.

"Sort of, shrugged Count Bleck," Count Bleck shrugged.

Later, Dimentio was painting the castle black. Nastasia came outside, and observed the teetering ladder he was standing on.

"Dimentio, come down from there!! You'll get hurt!" she called.

"But the Count told me to paint this board!!" Dimentio replied.

"That's a grown-up job!! Why don't you clean your room instead?" suggested Nastasia.

"What the #$$@?? I AM grown-up!!" Dimentio retorted.

"I DON'T WANT YOUR SASS," said Nastasia. "And no back-talking!! And no language, either!!"

Dimentio groaned and hopped off the ladder. He went inside, dragging his hands. Nastasia smiled happily.

Inside, Mimi was vacuuming. Nastasia came in and gasped.

"MIMI!!" she yelled. "Aren't you too young for a vacuum?!"

"Uh, no?" answered Mimi, sucking up one of Mr. L's bandanas.

"Is the noise scaring you?" Nastasia questioned.

"Of course not!!" Mimi said, eyeing Nastasia questioningly, and sucking up one of Dimentio's socks.

"Well, I think you should do something more safe," Nastasia said.

"Really, it's fine! I'm perfectly capable of vacuuming! Plus my orders are from the Count!" Mimi replied, sucking up one of Count Bleck's gloves.

"No excuses! Go do your homework!" yelled Nastasia.

"But I don't HAVE homework!!" Mimi exclaimed, sucking up one of O'Chunks Civil War books.