Giving Thanks for No Thanks

One Special Void Day, Count Bleck walked into the kitchen and opened the refrigerator. He pulled out a huge turkey that was about half his size. Little animated beads of sweat flew off of him as he struggled to hoist it onto the counter. When he finally did, he breathed a huge sigh of relief and wiped his brow with his cape.

Nastasia walked in holding The Thanksgiving Cookbook. (It was a book she pulled out every Thanksgiving, of course.) "Why, Count, starting on the turkey already?" she exclaimed.

"Yes, Nastasia. As I'm sure you know, it is very large and takes forever to be prepared," Count Bleck grunted as he unpackaged it. He actually knew how to transform a turkey from raw to yummy.

"If you say so," Nastasia replied, thumbing through the cookbook. "I'd better get the others to prepare the place too."

She clapped her hands and all the other minions came running in. Mimi threw a poof of fake leaves and orange glitter into the air. Dimentio snapped his fingers and made everything on the table vanish, followed by a golden tablecloth being swept on by Mr. L. O'Chunks grabbed all the fancy fragile dishes and carried them over to the table in a teetering pile. Then everyone grabbed them and set the table. Nastasia added some candlesticks which Count Bleck lit with a snap of his fingers.

"Finally. I always feel doofy doing this," Mr. L grumbled. "The Thanksgiving Baking Championships are on today anyway!!" he raced out of the room.

"Sigh...he's always annoying to work with," Nastasia sighed.

"Wow, Nassy, that was unlike you to say," Mimi said.

"Well, he doesn't like doing chores! And I don't like people who don't do chores," Nastasia said simply.

"Darn," O'Chunks said.

"AAAnyway, when will the food be ready? I LOVE THANKSGIVING!!" shouted Mimi.

"It will be ready in six decades, Count Bleck decided," said Count Bleck, who was elbow deep in the business end of the turkey.

"...Ew." Mimi said.

"Dimentio, can you make a huge pie for us? I'm busy with the sweet potatoes and gravy and corn-on-the-cob and cranberry sauce and stuffing and shawarma," Nastasia listed, while six different arms magically sprouted from her body and began cooking stuff.

"Shawarma?!" shouted Mimi. "That's EXOTIC!!! ...eh, what's shawarma?"

"Shawarma is a Middle Eastern meat preparation based on the doner kebab of Ottoman Turkey. Originally made of lamb or mutton, today's shawarma may also be chicken, turkey, beef, or veal, cut in thin slices and stacked in a cone-like shape on a vertical rotisserie. Thin slices are shaved off the cooked surface as it continuously rotates. Shawarma is one of the world's most popular street foods, especially in Egypt and the countries of the Levant and the Arabian Peninsula," explained Dimentio.

"...Oh." Mimi said.

"And yes, I can make the pie," Dimentio added. He snapped his fingers and a ginormous pumpkin pie appeared and fell to the floor, crushing Mimi flat. (But she was already made of paper, so it didn't really matter.)

"Mmm, looks yummeh!!" shouted O'Chunks.

"HANDS OFF!!" yelled Dimentio.

"Hmph," O'Chunks replied.

"Did you know that whenever I conjure something, it's taken from somewhere in the world? It's like offhand stealing!" Dimentio proclaimed proudly.

Meanwhile, in a community soup kitchen, many scraggly people sat around a table, which had a ginormous pumpkin pie on it.