Chapter Seventeen

(Jordan's Point of View)

I walked downstairs fully dressed and ready to throw back anything the world had to offer. 

"Well good morning!" I happily greeted my mother who was still groggy from her sleep. She was silently making herself coffee.

When I greeted her she looked up at me like I was a stranger and she was either going to call 911 or catch me with a butterfly net. "Someones cheery." She said sipping her coffee. 

"Don't rain on my Parade!" I said. 

She stared at me for a minute then turned around giving her full attention to what it tasted like. I went over to the counter and opened up the bread bag skipping the nasty heel, I pulled out a "Normal" piece of bread, then walked over to the toaster and stuck it in. I made a noise with my mouth until the breat was popped up all nice and toasty. 

I took my warm toast out of the toaster and walked over to the fridge pulling out the butter. I grabbed my weapon and started spreading butter. My mom stood up from the table that she was sitting at, and walked over to me. 

"Have a good day at school Honey." She sad hugging me . "I will mom." I said smiling back towards her. 

She laughed tightened her robe firmly around her and walked out of the room, going upstairs. I sat down at our bar and started eating my bread. "Lexi shut up!" Luke yelled running down the stairs.

"Com'n Luke! Just tell me! I probably know the answer anyways so what could it hurt!" Lexi yelled back also running down the stairs. 

"If you already know why do you want me to answer if I like Jor-" He said entering the kitchen, but stopped talking mid-sentence when he saw me. His tan cheeks flaming pink almost instanly.

'Finish your sentence Luke!!' My brain screamed. 

My mouth was half open and my toast was raised, waiting for me to devour it. I probably looked like a fool, but right now I was a hungry fool!

"Hola?" I said awkwardly. 

"Why did you stop- oh."Lexi said walking in understanding when she saw me.

"Hola.. again?" I said even more awkwardly then before.

"I'm just gonna -- you know.. leave?" Lexi said pointing behind her thumb behind her head then ran like a man man was chasing after her. 

Luke and I stood there in silence. "Well here we are." He said blushing even more.

When you were in silence for a long time, then suddenly someone talks you know that feeling you get? Like it's a foreign language? It's not necessarily an awkward silence, it's just a moment in time where no one is talking then someone talks and your just like.. woah. Tell me more.

That's how I felt right then. 

"Awe look at big strong Luke blushing." I reached for his cheek."I could just pinch them!" He swatted my hands away from his face, laughing.

"Your such a freak." He said chuckling lightly.

We fell back into that comfortable silence. 

"I mustache you a question." I said half smiling.

"Ookay?" He said slowly.

"Never mind. I'll shave it for later." I said biting into my bread, holding back my laughter. Luke's face was absolutely priceless. I would have died if I wasn't eating my wondering piece of bread. 

Luke then started laughing. In the middle of his laughter he was attempting to talk, even though it came out total mumbo jumbo it still kind of sounded like 'That's was she said.'