two

Jimin's lips introduced themselves to Jungkook's neck, sliding sweet kisses all over the elastic skin. Jungkook took well to the greeting, earning Jimin a delightful moan. Wrapping his arms around the elder, Jungkook tilted his head to grant Jimin more access to his neck, shuddering in delight as the elder sneaked a few grazes of the tongue down his peachy skin.

"Should we be doing this in the morning, love?" Jungkook sighed, smirking a bit to himself.

"We don't have to, Kook," Jimin teased, removing himself from intimate space with his lover. Jungkook whined, pulling Jimin back down and pushing his head to the crook of his neck, wanting the elder to continue his sweet yet lustful kisses. Treating himself to a sultry laugh, Jimin continued his exploration of Jungkook's neck, now working his way over to his Adam's apple.

The two jolted at the sudden shout from the direction of the palace.

"What was that?" the younger began, a bad feeling brewing in his stomach. Something about that shout seemed eerily sinister, and he could almost feel murder running through the thick walls of the building.

"I don't know..." Jimin trailed off, hopping off Jungkook's body and onto the floor, slipping on his shoes in a quick manner. "It doesn't sound too pleasant, though. We should go check it out."

"Right," Jungkook said, following suit. They both ran out of the room, almost breaking into a sprint down the path to the courtyard. Seemingly everyone else heard the exclamation; when the two made it to the clearing before the palace hall, Yoongi, Hoseok, Seokjin and Taehyung were making their way to the same place with quick strides.

"Did you hear the shout?" Seokjin said, completely out of breath yet somehow alive with energy. One could almost see the adrenaline pumping through his bold veins.

"I heard. I don't think something good is going on," Taehyung said, stopping before the door.

"Taehyung," Hoseok began, looking at the young man with a stern look on his face. "Where's Seonbi?"

"In our room, sleeping with our child," Taehyung replied in a matter-of-fact way. The tension in the air fostered a belligerent sense in the man that hadn't been there before. "Where else would she be?"

"I don't know, but I know where I would be if my wife just gave birth to a child less than twenty four hours ago."

"Are you trying to say that I'm an incompetent father?"

"I'm trying to say that you don't have your priorities set straight"--

"And I'm going to say that if a certain someone is hurt in there, then we could all be in trouble regardless of where we are at the moment," Seokjin interrupted, glaring at the two. "No bad blood here."

With a sigh of defeat, Taehyung and Hoseok gave up the fight.

Yoongi joined Jimin and Jungkook at the palace doors, the eldest of the group ready to draw his sword. On the third count, the six men barged into the hall to see where the shout had come from.

Namjoon was in a woman's chokehold, struggling to breathe.

"Get back," she growled, guarding her bounty like a stalwart German shepherd. "You'll get what's coming to you."

"S-Seok-jin..." Namjoon choked, gasping for oxygen at any chance he could and trying to separate the woman's cold fingers from his neck.

Sent into a panicked frenzy, Seokjin ran to the corner of the room and grabbed a katana, yielding it with an unsettling yet fearless grace. "Take your filthy hands off his neck," Seokjin snarled, inciting terror into the five behind him, "or I'll put a cut in yours!"

"You sure about that?" she laughed, tightening her grip and completely cutting Namjoon's airway off. The royal tried not to struggle too much -- the more he fought, the less air he had to hold.

"He was quite the diversion. An amusing fighter. He gave me a good challenge, no doubt," the woman sighed, almost as if in a happy nostalgia for old times. "I'll admit, he almost had me a few times. But it seems you all came to help him too late...I'll have to thank whoever was screaming earlier this morning for that. No one could hear a thing."

Taehyung's eyes widened in realization of the message she was trying to convey. The battle had already begun while Seonbi was in labor, and in a stroke of misfortune, her screams had drowned out Namjoon's earlier signals for help.

In that moment, Seokjin's eyes began to water in anger, fear and despair. Namjoon's face was turning a dark shade of blue, and his movements became too frantic for comfort. In that moment in time, Seokjin knew no consequences -- all he knew was his partner in need of rescue.

Pulling the katana back to his right, he sprinted full speed towards the woman. Jimin and Yoongi assumed defensive stances, running on either side of the palace walls and meeting back up in the center behind the throne and the woman. Upon meeting there, they had sadly noticed the bodies of the unconscious guards the woman had somehow made her way through singlehandedly before reaching Namjoon. Taehyung and Jungkook ran directly on either side of Seokjin, and Hoseok found himself behind the elder noble of the north.

The woman dropped Namjoon to the floor and picked up her sword, ready to defend herself from attack. She successfully blocked Seokjin's, Jimin's, Yoongi's, Hoseok's, and even Taehyung's movements with grace. Jungkook slowly backed away from the woman, letting Hoseok take his place on Seokjin's left and pulling Namjoon over to the side, helping him regain his breath.

"T-Too...f-fast..." Namjoon gasped, still panting for his life. Jungkook had him propped up against the wall, setting him in a way that opened his airways further and gave maximum ability to breathe. "Almost...had her..."

"Not to worry, Your Majesty," Jungkook said, pushing locks of unruly, fussed up hair back towards his neck. "I'll end this right now."

Jungkook drew a long, double-ended blade, not quite thin enough to be a needle but thick enough to write a story with. Aiming down towards the woman's vital spot, Jungkook tried to calm himself as much as he could, looking for a pattern in the assassin's movements before striking. His earlier withdrawal from close battle served two purposes: to help Namjoon, and to kill with secrecy -- beating the woman at her own game.

Not yet, he thought, sensing irregularities in her turns at some points.

Not yet, he thought again, resting in his inner self and engulfing his entire being in stillness.

...now.

Jungkook slung the blade at the woman, timing her turn to the nearest second. Knowing he achieved victory, he stood above the young royal who was still in shock at brushing with death that closely. Dazed but relieved, Namjoon took a deep breath in, enjoying the air that freely flowed through his nose and mouth.

The woman had collapsed by the time he breathed out.