Father

* ****** *

* ****** *Peter didn't remember anything after the fourth time he was thrown against a wall

* ****** *
Peter didn't remember anything after the fourth time he was thrown against a wall. Daniel laughed while raising his hands to cause Peter more pain.
He vaguely remembered Nemo turning up but by then his vision was incredibly fuzzy and it was getting harder and harder to keep his eyes open let alone get up.

His eyes closed just in time to feel Nemo's arms around him but by then he had already been claimed by the darkness.

* ****** *

Peter woke up to soft sheets and the deep breaths someone else to the side of him. He opened his eyes quicker in the hope that Nemo was alive and well.
But it was Tony at his bedside, a little confused but happy nonetheless, Peter nudged Tony's arm to wake him up.

Tony sat up abruptly and immediately hugged Peter but backed off once said boy hissed in pain.

"God I'm so sorry, I can get someone in here to dose you up on some more painkillers." Tony rose from his seat to go get someone, but Peter reached out to grab his arm.

"Please stay dad."
"Of course son."

Tony wouldn't say anything about Nemo, he would change the subject whenever asked about it. Peter only registered this as bad news, and that broke Peter's heart.
All he did was get people hurt and that killed him.

* ****** *

Finally after two days of waiting, Peter was finally allowed to see Nemo.
The walk to the lab/infirmary was silent. On his second day Peter had learned that he was in the new avengers facility, his aunt and Nemo's family had been told by the 'government' that they were both safe and that they were currently in quarantine.

Peter wasn't sure how well Aunt May had taken that but Tony only laughed and shook his head when Peter had asked.

Peter's heart dropped when he saw the state Nemo was in. Cuts, scrapes and bruises adorned his face and what Peter could see of his body. Both his arms were in casts along with a neck brace.

Peter had done this to him, he was the cause for yet another person's pain.
This feeling only worsened with Tony'a next words.

"We don't know the full extent of the damage yet, we're not sure if he'll ever walk again."

* ****** *

Well shit waddup