Chapter 10

Taehyung slowly opened his eyes, the blinding sunlight in the room making it hard to do so. He squinted a bit and rubbed his eyes, trying to adjust to the brightness. Taehyung slowly sat up not realizing where he was or what happened. He tried to recall why he was in a bed but when he tried everything was fuzzy and hazy. 

Taehyung looked at his surroundings and the room he was in. The room was very bare and old, clearly, it had not been used for quite some time. The white paint on the walls was chipped and peeling. The wood floors were dusty. In addition, it seemed that the only piece of furniture in the room was the bed he was on. Overall, the room gave off a very cold vibe. What made it even stranger was that Taehyung felt as if the room was very familiar, he could not remember why though. Had he been here before?

Taehyung snapped out of his thoughts and decided to find who's house he was in. He tried to swing his legs to the side of the bed but became aware of the fact that they would not move. He yanked the blanket off of his body finding the reason for his futile attempt. 

His legs were chained to the bed itself. 

Taehyung looked at the chains in shock and confusion. Why was he even chained to the bed in the first place? Why were the chains also very familiar? He tried pulling on the chains, hoping they were frail and brittle considering the shabby state of the room but to no avail. Why would someone chain him up when they saved him. That's when it hit him. 

The bare, sad state of the room.

A sense of familiarity. 

The chains to the bed. 

This was his childhood room. 

Taehyung began to pant and shudder. He had to get out of there. Fast. He tugged and jerked at the chains, finally remembering how he got out of them when he was younger. Taehyung yanked once more with all his strength and the chains yanked off of the bedpost. 

With no time to waste, Taehyung rushed up to the only door in the room. He pulled it open quietly, memories of getting beaten for being too loud coming to mind. He walked out of the room as silently as he could, the chains around his legs not helping his situation. 

Taehyung noticed that there was no light on, just natural sunlight. Taehyung started walking out and around the large, spacious house. He remembered his room, the spare closet in a huge house, but not much else. Taehyung walked along the semi-lit corridor, hoping no one was home. 

Then he heard it. 

Footsteps. 

That was it. Taehyung ran for it, not caring about the noise he was making. They were coming for him. They were going to punish him. Beat him. Hit him. Taehyung didn't want to remember the painful memories. It took years to hide them away and try to live normally, but now they are starting to come back. 

Taehyung turned a corner and stared at the huge white door about 20 feet away from him. Taehyung ran faster than he ever did. He could escape. He could be free. Taehyung pushed until his hand was on the door's handle. He opened it. Only to be met by darkness. Not the way out he was looking for. 

Taehyung slowly backed away, all hope of escape gone. Where was he? He turned around to run when he was met by two dark and terrible figures.. One horribly mangled man, that did not even look human and right next to him a disturbing disfigured woman. Something you would see in a horror movie. Taehyung looked at them in alarm and fright. 

His fear tripled when they started to speak. 

"Taehyung honey, you are not allowed to leave your room you little idiot." The woman looked at Taehyung. She sounded exactly like his mother. Malice lacing her every word. 

"Do you need to be beaten again like the last time? This time you won't just have bruises. I'll make sure you don't ever leave that room again. Do you hear me?" The dark figure of the man moved closer to Taehyung. Visions of his father beating him came to mind. He tried to push them back.  

Taehyung huddled in fear. 

The frightening monsters laughed mockingly at Taehyung. 

"Who's going to save you now? No one loves you. Where's Baekhyun? Where are your so-called friends and bandmates?" 

"We tried to do a favor for the world Taehyung. The world doesn't need another menace in its realm." They moved closer. 

Taehyung tried to block out their voices. That wasn't true. Baekhyun loved him. Jungkook, Yoongi, Jimin, and the rest loved him. 

Right? 

His mind flashed back to the night they scolded him. He was beginning to doubt himself and believe the words of the dark beings in front of him. 

Taehyung remembered the voices. He was starting to only hear the condescending whispers.

No one loved him after all. 

He was just a big burden to the world. Always immature and loud, constantly annoying others. Why would anyone love him in the first place? 

Taehyung looked up, body numb with fear and sorrow. He began to lose hope. Even if he survived this, who would be there for him? He would be alone.

The figures lunged at him, finally close enough to do so.

Taehyung only had one thing he could do, unable to move or fight back.

Taehyung screamed before blacking out once more. 

~

I'm soooooooooo sorry.