Comatose part 1

Aby's pov:

The silence woke me.

I lay still, straining my ears to pick up any noise at all. Nothing.

Slowly I sat up. The bed creaked as I moved, startling me.

So at least I wasn't deaf. That was a relief. But then what was going on?

Not bothering to change my clothes, I walked out of my room and peeked into the living room.

Still hearing silence I walked into the kitchen and looked around. Everything was nice and tidy how my mother likes it, but no one was there. Usually my brother would be here eating cereal and spilling milk on the table.

I checked the time. Seven thirty am. I'm never up at this time but most of my family is.

A strong sense of uneasiness settled on my heart. Maybe they all went out and forgot to tell me? Moving quicker than before, I went back to my room and grabbed my phone.

It wouldn't turn on.

I plugged in the charger and tried again. When that didn't work I plugged it into a different outlet. Still nothing happened.

I tried flipping on a light. It didn't turn on.

So the power was out. Great.

As I stared at the blank screen of my phone, my chest tightened.

What was going on?

Beginning to panic, I ran out across the street to the neighbors house and pounded on the door.

When I received no answer, I moved to the window and peered inside.

No lights were on and there were no people.

I dashed to the next house and tried again.

Empty.

Again and again I ran to every door on my street pounding and shouting as loud as possible.

I didn't get a single answer.

Breathing heavily, I slammed the door to my own house and huddled in a corner of the living room beside the tv, muttering to myself.

"What the heck is going on? There's no way I'm alone. There has to be someone else. There has to."

"There has to."