Miraculous Ladybug Oneshot

Beep. Beep. Beep. 

The harsh noise of an alarm clock ran through the room, disturbing a sleeping girl. 

Marionette Dupain Cheng blindly reached out, fumbling with her alarm and tried to turn off the unwelcome noise. 

Finally succeeding, she flopped back into her bed and groaned, rubbing her eyes. 

"Tikki, what day is it?" She asked her kwami. Tikki yawned and hovered over her. 

"I don't know, a school day that's for sure." 

Marionette pushed herself up and turned on her phone. 

"Oh, it's Thursday." 

She slid out of her bed and grabbed the clothes she left out for herself last night.

"Ugh, Tikki, why do my college classes have to start so early?" She droned. 

Tikki giggled "You have no problem fighting akumas this early in the morning!"

Marionette shot her a tired look "I'm still tired even then! And besides, it wakes me up because I'm fighting something!" 

"Then pretend you're fighting against the forces or sleepiness and protecting the city of concentration!" Tikki suggested. 

Marionette laughed and slipped on her shirt. Suddenly she froze, a grin slowly spreading across her face. Tikki thought it looked as though the sun had just risen, illuminating her whole face. 

"You seem happy about something." Tikki observed. 

Marionette started moving around with new energy, grabbing her bag and school supplies and whatever else she needed, then she dashed downstairs and into the bathroom. 

Tikki laughed and followed her "What is it?" 

"It's Thursday!" Marionette gargled around her toothbrush.

"And Thursday is..." Tikki prompted. Marionette spat out the toothpaste into the sink. "I have a date with Adrien tonight!" She exclaimed, bouncing a bit. 

Tikki dissolved into a fit of giggles "Marionette, you two have been dating for almost five years now!" 

"I know but Adrien said he had something special planned for tonight!" 

Tikki placed her tiny hands on her hips. "It had better be a ring." 

Marionette suddenly looked grim. "Me and Adrien discussed that a few days ago. He told me he wants to marry me, he's already talked to papa about it and even showed me the ring, but he told me it would be to dangerous to settle down and possibly raise a family when Hawkmoth still terrorizes Paris." 

Marionette sighed. "Sometimes I wish I was a normal girl with no secret identity." 

Tikki nodded knowingly."Every Ladybug has felt this way at least once, and it's ok. Being a superhero is hard work, it takes a lot of energy and confidence!" 

"And responsibility!" Marionette added.

Tikki smiled brightly. "Don't worry, it'll all happen one of these days!" 

Marionette smiled back and finished fixing herself up. Running down to the bakery, she paused to say good morning to her parents.

"Morning mama! Morning papa!" 

"Morning Marionette!" Tom answered from the other room. "Good morning Marionette!" Sabine smiled and hugged her.

"Oh, before you go, here's breakfast for you and some cookies for Tikki so she can keep her energy up." 

Tikki beamed. "Thank you Sabine!" 

"Thanks mama, bye!" Marionette kissed her mother on the cheek and ran out the door 

"Have a good day sweetie!" Her mother shouted 

"I will!" 

      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Arriving at the school a little out of breath, she discovered Adrien and Nino were already there and were waiting for her and Alya. 

The four had taken to coming to class a little early so they could talk a bit. Adrien and Nino were talking and Nino seemed excited about something, he was waving his hands around and talking fast. 

Catching sight of her, the two stopped talking, and Adrien flashed her his Chat Noir grin, making her heart leap. 

Marionette squeaked in surprise when he grabbed her by the waist and spun her around in the air, making a few loops before setting her down. 

"G'morning malady." He said before pulling her into a hug. 

"Good morning Adrien!" She laughed and pulled back, looking into his eyes. "You seem super energetic this morning." 

Adrien's eyes shined as he looked over to Nino. "Tell her man, she can keep a secret." 

Nino frowned slightly "Dude are you sure? Can you Marionette?" Marionette looked back and fourth between the two. "Of course I can, why?" 

Nino looked her straight in the eyes. 
"Are you sure you can keep a secret from Alya for a few days? Are you absolutely sure?" 

Marionette gulped "Wow. She'd notice that I'm not telling her something, but I can keep it from her. What is it?"

Nino glanced around to make sure Alya wasn't here and lowered his voice. "So, you probably know it's her birthday in a couple days, and I'm gonna surprise her and propose." 

Marionette covered her mouth to keep from screaming out loud.

 "No way!" 

"Totally!" 

"That's a huge secret to keep from her for a few days!" She gasped. 

Nino suddenly looked panicky. "Dude, you said you could keep it from her!" "Don't worry, of course I can! I'm just saying that's huge!" Marionette reassured. 

Nino relaxed and then panicked again when Alya suddenly wrapped her arms around him from from behind 

"What's huge?" 

"N-nothing, girl don't..don't sneak up on me like that!" He sputtered. 

"Hmmmmm." Alya studied the three of them closely. 

"Dudes, we really should head to our classes now." Nino said nervously, attempting to distract his suspicious girlfriend.

Alya stopped staring them down and huffed. "Fine, but don't think you guys are off the hook just yet!" 

They headed inside and Adrien put his arm around Marionette. "See you after class, Princess. And good luck with Alya." 

He kissed her on the cheek and they parted for their classes. 

Note:
Some of you may have seen this when it was it's own story. I've decided to turn it into a oneshot and re-publish it here because it did start as a daydream and I have nowhere to go with it.

Sivarada