Beware of Glitter

Loud and frantic knocking woke Lisa from her sleep. Which was rather good because she had fallen asleep at her desk preparing the next lesson for the class she taught.
The knocking turned into outright pounding as Lisa hurried towards the front door.
Flinging it open, she exclaimed, "Why on earth are you beating my door down?! It's almost 10pm!"

In front of her stood a terrified young woman with bright cornflower blue hair and multiple piercings. She was panting and clutching what looked like a tiny bottle in her hands.
Without invitation, she darted into the house, drawing an indignant yelp from Lisa.
"Excuse me but I didn't say you could come in!" She stated, fishing in her pocket for her phone and muttering about the woman's horrible choice in hair color.
Waving the phone accusingly at the uninvited guest, Lisa snapped, "Try anything and I will call the police!"

The woman tripped over a chair leg in her panic. "No no no no please don't! I'm not here to rob you, I'm trying to get away from Glitter."

Lisa stared at her and stammered "Trying to-trying to get away...from-from glitter?"

The woman nodded, then made a face and shook her head.
"No no, not glitter. My pet. His name is Glitter."

Lisa chuckled, "Your pet's name is Glitter?"

The woman scowled and opened her mouth to retort, but was silenced by tiny knocking at the door. Lisa sighed in exasperation and went to go check who it was this time, but the woman threw herself between Lisa and the door, cutting her off.

"Don't open it!" She whispered, her face a mask of terror.

Lisa eyed her suspiciously. "Why?"

"Be-be-because it might be Glitter!" she sputtered.

Now considerably concerned, Lisa ushered the frantic woman to a chair. "And animals can knock politely now? Lets take a seat and refresh our minds a bit, okay."

Leaving her there, Lisa walked swiftly back to the door and pulled it open. Peering out, all that greeted her was nothing but empty and cold night air. She was about to slam the door in frustration, when a frightened gasp from the woman behind her distracted her. Turning, she saw the woman pointing towards Lisa's feet. Lisa looked back out the door, but this time lowered her gaze towards the ground. And there, standing on its hind legs and looking up at her expectantly, was a light blue squirrel the size of a small dog.
In the stunned silence that followed, the squirrel took the opportunity to say, in an unusually deep voice, "Pardon me madam, but I have business with your guest."

Lisa let out a bloodcurdling screech and stumbled backwards in panic. The squirrel furrowed his furry little brows at her reaction, then walked inside. With some effort, he pushed the door shut and turned to face the two terrified women.
Lisa, now brandishing a mop, sought refuge from the massive squirrel by standing on top on the table. A rodent, which she was deathly afraid of, combined with her most hated color; his was truly her worst nightmare.
The other woman sat frozen in the chair, still clutching that little bottle. The squirrel moved toward her, speaking in a polite and sociable way.
"My dear Zoe, if you would please lend me those delightful pills, I would be very thankful."

The woman, Zoe, held the bottle closer to herself. "N-no I don't think you should have them. You already had enough of what spilled on the floor earlier!"

Unfazed by her denial, the furry blue creature continued, "I beg to differ, I am in need of more of them. And I hardly ate even half of what was dropped, that lady's horrible cat got most of them."

Lisa, who watched the whole exchanged with mounting horror, resumed her initial intent to call the police. She hesitated before pressing call, what would she even tell them? She knew her neighbors were drug dealers and had obviously gotten into something exceedingly strange. But what about the huge blue squirrel?
Lisa considered calling her brothers, but before she could come up with a way to tell them without sounding completely nuts, the squirrel hopped up onto the table.

"Excuse me miss, but could you kindly convince-" He began, but was cut off by Lisa's faithful mop vehemently colliding with his oversized body and sending him flying off the table.

Forgetting her prior fear, Zoe shrieked and dove after him. After barely managing to catch him, she rounded on Lisa. "How dare you hit Glitter like that!"
The offended rodent, now cradled in his owners arms, piped up, "Yes that was rather rude!"

His oddly low voice startled Zoe, who remembered her beloved pet was now sentient, and she promptly dropped the squirrel.
Lisa, her voice trembling, shouted "What kind of drugs did you give that thing?! And why on earth is it blue?!"

Insulted, Zoe glared at her. "I didn't give him any of these! And he's blue because I wanted us to match!" She shouted back, gesturing to her horrendous hair.

Without warning, something huge crashed through the window, barreling into Zoe and sending the pill bottle flying. Lisa fell off the table with a painful thump, and Glitter darted behind a fallen chair as shards of glass scattered. In the middle of the room stood an enormous gray house cat. Her blazing orange eyes scanned the room, and a cheshire grin spread across her feline face. Laughing maniacally, she screeched, "Grovel at my paws humans! For ages have I been subjugated under your kind. Ad nauseam! Where my progenitors were once exalted among beasts with greatest honor, we now agonize under immeasurable humiliation to the merriment of you tyrants! No more must I dine on desiccated, flavorless slop! No more must I belittle myself for the amusement of juveniles! My ascendancy will be transcendent!!"

Lisa was now convinced she had lost her mind as she watched this abnormally large cat monologue in the center of her home. Bright orange caught the corner of her eye and the pill bottle rolled to a stop next to her. Picking it up, Lisa examined it and found in unreasonably small print, the warning "Under no circumstances should you feed to animals. May cause sudden mutations."

"Wonderful." She muttered.
Then she noticed Glitter, who had been creeping towards her. Snatching a large shard of glass, Lisa threatened the blue squirrel with it. "Don't you come any closer you nasty thing!"

Glitter gave her an affronted look, as much as a squirrel could manage anyway, and sighed. "My good woman, please hear me. I am the only one who stands in the way of that cats impending reign of terror. I beg of you, give me the pills so I can muster the strength to defeat her!"

Lisa highly doubted this rodent was their only hope, but the anxiety of what it would do if she refused won over her misgivings and she quickly tossed the pill bottle at it.
Thanking her in his uncharacteristic deep voice, Glitter the squirrel marched out towards the huge cat. He stopped only a few feet away from her and downed the entire bottle of pills, growing almost 5 times his already large size. The cat halted her ongoing speech and scowled at this new threat to her reign. After a moment of tense silence, they both charged headlong into battle against each other.

Lisa watched this epic confrontation unfold from her position behind the table. Then, fed up with the absurdity of it all, she stood and walked away and out of her house. Seating herself on the steps of her back porch, Lisa closed her eyes and ignored the sounds of battle from within her home. Instead she imagined herself seated by a shimmering pool fed by the most beautiful waterfall known to man, a book in hand and no giant squirrels or weird people with ugly hair anywhere in sight.

Lisa woke to the sun streaming in through her bedroom window and the morning melody of birds. Sitting up in her bed, the strange occurrences she had played host to came back to her bit by bit. Rubbing her eyes, she wondered if it all had been an odd dream.
Deciding it would be better off being explained as a dream, Lisa rose and went about her morning ritual. Her house was the same as it had been the day before, no broken windows, or terrified druggies. And definitely no sign of oversized rodents.

Yet out in the fields, already miles away from civilization, an abnormally large, cornflower blue squirrel trudged through young cornstalks. Battle scarred and wearing a necklace of cats teeth, he moved with purpose, prepared for his next great encounter. 

Note: This is rushed and I don't like it but eeeh whatever.