Chapter 5

It was 5am and it was pouring down with rain. Midoriya was running down the street with both his backpack and his sports bag on his shoulder. He was going meet up with Todoroki at UA for his early morning lesson before his normal classes started. He had so many dance classes after his lunch break that he barely had time to practice his piece for the end of the school year. Luckily Todoroki was kind enough to do these super early rehearsals with him as well.

The school were just across the road. Midoriya hurried up so he could get inside as soon as possible and hopefully not catch a cold. He ran across the road but as he was halfway over a loud honk from a car and flashing lights got closer to him at a crazy speed. Midoriya froze out of fear and thought momentarily to himself to run back. The flashlights blinded him and the sound from the car brakes were screeching loud and went into almost an echo. Midoriya felt sick and nauseous but in that split second, the last thing he thought about was Kacchan and that smug grin on his face when they danced together just a last week at his studio. 

A short second after his last thought Midoriya realised the honking and screeching from the car was gone. He could now only hear the drumming sound from the raindrops falling and the sound from the car's motor running. What happened? Had he forgot to check the headlights first before running across the street? 

The sound of a car door that opens and then closes pulls Midoriya back to reality.

''Hey Kid. Are you alright?'' The stranger behind the wheel had gone outside with an umbrella in his hands looking very concerned at Midoriya who looked scared and confused. What had just happened? Before he could reply the kind sir he heard another door open and then closes. Then running footsteps. 

''Izuku!'' A familiar voice shouted. Midoriya turned his face towards the direction where the voice came from. It was Todoroki who had gone outside and was now running towards Izuku and the stranger without his shoes and only in his dancing clothing. 

''Ah.. Shoto. I am...''

''What were you thinking! I saw you from the studio upstairs! You were just running carelessly across the street without even looking at your surroundings! You always have your head in the skies! Dammit Izuku'' Shoto had interrupted Midoriya while he walked straight up to him and grabbed him by the shoulders. He shook his shoulders while he scolded him. Todoroki's eyes were intense. They didn't look angry at him, but just. Just more serious than he had ever seen him before. But then his face suddenly softens. 

''I don't know what I would have done if that car just had.... If it had..'' Midoriya wasn't sure, but he swore he saw tears down Todoroki's cheeks. 

''Shoto'' Midoriya whispered surprised and took his hand up to Todoroki's which still had a firm grasp on his shoulder. He didn't know what else to say. 

After a short while, Todoroki and Midoriya had apologised and thanked the man who was behind the wheel. It took a little while to convince both the man and Todoroki that Midoriya felt fine and that there was nothing wrong with him. But eventually they let it go and parted ways with the driver. 

''You do know that this is not going to be in the choreography right?'' Todoroki asked looking down at Midoriya with a raised eyebrow. Midoriya got up on his feet and patted his knees as though he removed dust from them.

''Ah, I know I know'' Midoriya sighed. They had been practicing since early morning and it was almost 8 o'clock now. There was only 30 mins till his math class started. 

''We should pack our stuff and head to class'' Todoroki finally said and looked slightly worried at Midoriya. He has been on edge throughout the whole practice, since the incident that morning.