Chapter 6

A low electronic, echoey sound escaped the surround sound in the studio and Katsuki walked up to Midoriya.

''Just jump in when you feel like you are ready''

''But Kacchan I don't know the steps''

''You don't have to. Just look and follow''

The song got in to a slow and almost uneven beat. Midoriya could tell from this that it was going to be hard to follow him. But Kacchan managed to move so well to the uneven rhythm. He started out with short and almost robotic moves with his arms and shoulders. It was appealing to look at and Midoriya got the urge to try it out himself. But he stayed and observed some more of Katsuki moves. The beat dropped and the artist started on the chorus of the song. That's when Kacchan moved his whole body so dynamically that his body was almost welcoming you to join in. But even though his moves were so dynamic he barely moved across the floor. Midoriya was slowly head bobbing to the difficult beat and tried to move his upper body the same way as Kacchan did to the beat of the song. He got some of the basic steps down already. Yet he just wasn't sure if he could execute it as well as Kacchan. But he so wanted to try it out. 

Before he knew it the Chorus ended and Midoriya jumped in next to Kacchan. Katsuki's arm reached out to Midoriya's shoulder. He grabbed it and turned him around so Midoriya would face Katsuki.

Let it beat
Baby breathe
I swear I'm right here
We'll be good

Katsuki leaned in closer to Midoriya. He got even slower in his moves the closer he got. Midoriya didn't really think much about the short distance between them or that the tempo of their dance has gotten slower. He just moved in closer to Katsuki on pure instincts. He could almost hear Kacchan's heavy breathing through the loud music. Wether it was because of how hot it has gotten or if it was because he was already out of breath from moving so dynamically without proper warm up, he didn't know. But it just lured Midoriya closer in. Kacchan had grabbed Midoriya's leg and pulled it upward to his hip. Their lower bodies couldn't get any closer than this. Not with their clothes on anyway. Their faces and lips were the only thing left that were just a few inches from each other. Katsuki opened his mouth to whisper:

''Izu...'' 

But before he could finish what he was going to say, the music suddenly stopped. Both Midoriya and Katsuki look towards the door without moving an inch from each other. Shoto Todoroki stood with the remote for the stereo in his hand and had this intense, piercing look in his eyes locked on Katsuki. 

''I believe you're in the wrong place'' He said with a cold monotone voice still starring intense at Katsuki. Bakugo leaned back from Midoriya and repaid the piercing look but with even more fierce and obvious annoyance to it. Katsuki knew that Todoroki was just an errand boy for Endeavour and that he has his eyes on Midoriya. And not because he is a good dancer and has potential to gain a great career. 

''Todoroki-kun!'' Midoriya said almost in panic. He sensed the cold attitude between the two of them and judged it as a bad step to address him by his first name. 

''Sorry, I asked him to help me with some step..''

''I wasn't helping him. Do you have a problem with that?'' Katsuki snapped, interrupting Midoriya. It was his way to say to Todoroki:'I can dance with whoever I want, whenever I want. Problem?'

''Kacchan...'' Midoriya said nervously to Katsuki. Why was he being so hostile towards Todoroki? It would only get him into trouble and he was already technically interrupting another students rehearsal, which was frowned upon. 

''It's the truth so shut up and calm down. I am leaving now anyway'' Katsuki backed away from Midoriya and walked right pass Todoroki without even giving him any sort of attention. But Todoroki's piercing eyes followed Katsuki closely, making sure he was leaving the studio without a fuss.