Chapter 12

Katsuki sat on the couch in his livingroom switching through the channels on the tv, when his phone suddenly rang. What in the hell could this be? Did his parents regret not bringing him to the restaurant? He sat up on the couch and reached for his phone. The number was not saved in his contacts but the number was from his area. 

He picked up.

''Yeah?''

''Bakugo? It's Inko. You havn't possibly seen my boy, Izuku, have you?'' Midoriya Inko sounded out of breath and worried. Has she been running?

''What? No I haven't'' He answered, slightly curious. But he thought that Deku was probably out to meet up with his stupid crew.

''Oh. I see. You wouldn't mind try and see if you can find him or reach out to him somehow? He hasn't come home yet and he doesn't pick up his phone either. This certainly isn't like him. He always picks up his phone or at least text me if he's going to be out late because of practice. But I haven't heard from him since he left this morning for school. And you know, I am worried about him..'' Inko was just as much a talker as her son. Well now Katsuki knew where that shitty nerd got that from. 

''I'll go look for him'' He said, interrupting Midoriya Inko. 

''Will you really? Oh thank you so much Bakugo. If you find him, then please come and visit for a cup of tea and something to eat too''

''Sure'' He answered abruptly and then said his goodbye.
Stupid Midoriya. Why would he make his mother so worried. Now he had to use his free time to go look for him in this stupid cold and so late at night even. Always making everything a pain for others huh Midoriya? 

As soon as Katsuki got his shoes and jacket on he ran down the streets in an even tempo. Why was he running in the first place? Maybe he just wanted to find him, get this over with and get back home. But then again he couldn't stop thinking about the different reasons why Midoriya wasn't picking up his phone. He tried calling Midoriya himself but no luck. He looked at the park where they first met, then at the his crew's studio, the street in front of the ramen place. Still no luck. So he decided to head over to the school. 

He ran a shortcut through some small alleys but stopped quickly again when he heard a trashcan fall to the ground a bit further in the alley. The trash can sounded too heavy for something of a cat to knock down. That left it with the possibility of someone being in the alley. What would anybody do in a dark alley at this hour? Katsuki only had one answer to that and he definitely didn't like it. He walked up picking up the pace and didn't give a shit about who saw or heard him. 

As he got closer he heard someone laughing and making a ruckus. 

*      *      *

A steady beep echoed in the cold clinical room, indicating that the heartbeat was steady. A pump next to the machine were beeping and pumped oxygen into Midoriya's lungs. Wires and tubes connected to his arms made sure his vitals were in balance. But just a few feet away from him stood Bakugo and emptied another bottle. Trying too keep the pain and agony away. Bakugo was bruised from head to toe and he wasn't the type to take pail killers. His alternative was alcohol - even though he wasn't really old enough. But who gave a shit anyway in this shit world. Katsuki stared at his snapback cap that was laying next to Midoriya. Bakugo had left it with Midoriya after he got back from the emergency room last night. He doesn't really know why he did it. He just didn't need that stupid hat.

A nurse checked in and saw the bottle in Katsuki's hand. She was anxious about approaching him but she begged him to leave or throw away the bottle. Bakugo was reluctant.