Chapter 4

A few days pass before I decide to head back to the performance center. I let Ace and Carlos do their own thing there for a while. They have no idea that I was offered a job.

I never thought I'd say this, but I'm taking Regal up on his offer. Wrestling was not only a hobby, but a passion of mine since I was a little girl. I just couldn't keep up with it after my parents died. So I turned to working with animals.

Aiden seemed a little suspicious when I told him I would tag along for the day. This was their last day for their four-day orientation and we were going to head home around midnight. We, being just my brother and I. Carlos decided that he will be attending that funeral back home after all. He'll be flying back to Mexico for the weekend, while we drive back home.

The three of us are sitting in Regal's office, waiting for him to join us. Little do they know, I already called the office this morning and told him I was in.

"What do you think he's gonna say?" Aiden asks, still nervous. They're already officially signed. I don't know why he's so nervous about everything.

"Pack your bags, boys. You're moving to the Sunshine State." A booming voice fills the room, making the three of us jump in our seat. "Unless you were planning on covering the airfare back and forth from Iowa? Because we do not compensate you for that. Business budget only."

The two guys in front of me look at each other, excitedly. Regal looks dead at me, before taking a seat in his chair.

"And, just to put a little twist on things...Make it a three bedroom. Little sis is joining in on the biz, isn't she?"

Aiden practically jumps out of his chair.

"Are you kidding me?!" He drags me out of my own, choking me with a hug. "I've tried to convince you for so long...but some old guy-" He turns to his---our new manager, "Sorry. But he managed to convince you in four days?"

"Yep." Was all I said.

"I have all the apartments listed for rent, categorized by budget, here if you'll take a look. Once Miss Katherine signs the contract, the three of you have 3 weeks to finish up your affairs at home and sign a lease around here, if you choose to do so. Good luck."

---x---

A few weeks later, we were invited to attend Smackdown in Arizona, live backstage to "observe". I was reluctant to go, because Colby was in the main event, and Aiden and Carlos's "mentoring" was going to begin.

Apparently, when NXT trainees are invited to go to a show, you have to go. It doesn't happen very often.

The three of us have been hanging around by ourselves backstage since this afternoon. We were told to meet up in Room 304, wherever that was, by 6:30 tonight to get ready for the show.

Aiden and Carlos went off by themselves, so I wander off to mingle and meet some of the superstars. The whole floor I was on is dead, from what I can tell. I decide to brush up on my makeup in the bathroom, since I've been wearing it all day.

There's a tall, blonde in the bathroom doing the same thing I was planning. She smiles when she notices me.

"You're a new face. Working crew?" She asks.

"Uh, no...actually. I'm a new NXT recruit. Invited to watch the show tonight." I extend my hand toward her. She grabs it with the hand that isn't holding her lipstick. "I'm Katherine, or Kat."

"Ashley. Nice to meet you. Welcome to the show, it's always nice to see some more strong women joining the family."

I pull out the few makeup products I brought with me out of my bag, and begin fixing my face up. I recognize this woman. Only because Raw was on the TV last week while I was helping Aiden pack. Charlotte, I think her ring name was. She's one of the taller ladies in the company, usually towering over her opponents. Just standing next to her, I sympathize for them.

Another woman walks into the bathroom. She has bright, purple hair and beautiful golden skin. She smiles and waves at Ashley. "Hey, girl. You ready for tonight?"

"Of course. I don't call myself the queen for nothing." She winks at the other woman. "Mercy, this is Katherine. A new NXT recruit. Kat, this is Mercedes. Sasha Banks on screen."

The purple haired woman washes her hands in the sink next to me. I know Sasha. My brother loves her.

"Ooh, you're Ace's sister, right? Just met him downstairs a few minutes ago. Sounds like you guys have some potential."

"Hey, I got an idea." Ashley puts all of her makeup away and turns to me. "You should come out with us tonight! Ladies only, It's tradition when there's a new hire. It will be fun."

"Oh, sure...I'd just have to check with my br-"

"Don't worry about him. He seemed like he was making plans for tonight, anyway." Mercedes cuts me off.

It couldn't hurt to get to know the women I'll be working with.

"What's your phone number? We'll be in touch tonight." I give them both my number and they head back to what I assume is the locker room.

---x---

6 o'clock rolls around and I decide to figure out where room 30-whatever was. I didn't think I strayed too far, but clearly I did. I have no idea where I am.

I call my brother, but it goes straight to voicemail. The reception isn't the best in the building.

There are superstars EVERYWHERE now. Many I'm starting to recognize. The doors are also becoming numbered, so I kind of get an idea as to where I'm at.

I stop in my tracks when I see someone walk out of one of the rooms ahead of me and start heading in the same direction as where I am going.

I recognize that sweatshirt. And that long, pulled back, brown hair. And the beard. I definitely know that beard.

Something falls out of his pocket while he's walking. He turns back around to pick it up and sees me.

"Kitty."

The first time I've heard anyone call me that in years.

"Colby."

"They told me you'd be here."

------

a/n

aHHHH PEOPLE ARE ACTUALLY READING THIS, THIS TIME. THANK Y'ALL. FEEL FREE TO LEAVE FEEDBACK IN THE COMMENTS, IT MOTIVATES ME A LOT thank u thank. also finn should be in the next chapter :X