Chapter 23

A month later, Kitty's P.O.V

Good news! I'm finally back in action at work. So is my brother, who's now third contender for the NXT tag team championships, alongside Carlos. Things might finally be looking up for us.
I practically had to start from the bottom again when I came back. I was getting close to the contender list for the women's belt, but now I'm so far away. But not for long. I'm willing to bust my ass over and over again to get my shot.
I've been laying low, as far as the people around me go. The only person I work with that I've been talking to recently is Lexi, but she's been busy trying to get her hands on the belt. Given what's happened to her and started to happen to me, she's convinced me to stay away from the guys around here for a while. Which I was already planning on.
"Hey sis, care to come check something out for me?" I hear my brother, Ace, from across the training room. He's in the ring with Carlos, likely getting ready for their match tonight.
"Sup?"
"Check my kick. I want to make sure I'm close enough to his face." He says, waiting for me to get into a position to see before he bounces off the ropes and just barely shoves his foot into Carlos's face. Carlos grabs his head and rolls around on the mat, in "pain".
"Sold it. Maybe hard enough to knock him out, maybe not? Work on that." I tell them, before grabbing my bag and walking off.
I have a promo in a few hours, so I have to start training myself. I'm still not the best at talking in front of a crowd, no matter how small it is.
A woman slams her shoulder into me as I turn the corner into the locker room. No "excuse me," or apology. Just a huff and eyeroll. I look back at her, only to see that it's Zahra. AKA Colby's ex (after me), AKA the bitch that's been hardcore trying to get back with him ever since his knee injury.
Yeah, she wrestles too. Of course. Not like I care. I couldn't care less about either of them, though I don't know why she always has such a huge attitude toward me.
"An excuse me, would've been nice." Slips out of my mouth.
"Oh, from me?" She turns around, the dirtiest look I've ever seen plastered on her face. "I'll let that slide. Even though it was your fat ass that bumped into me first. Maybe it's time for some squats, hun." She smirks and starts to prance away.
Did she just call my ass fat? Or call me a fat ass? Either way, I'm gonna choke this bitch sometime or another.
---x---
"I know people have been talking a lot of smack about me in the back since I've come back," I say, mid-promo. "But I just have a quick question. Why don't we settle this right here? I mean, you must be too scared to talk about me to my face, so why not here? We have a medical team, officials...what are you afraid of?"
I look to the gorilla, half-expecting someone to come out. I was given free-mic tonight. There wasn't anything particular I had to say, but I-of course-have to keep it clean. That means no one was scheduled to come interrupt me either, so I'm really just winging it here.
"I ain't got all night, so we best get a move on. You know who you are back there."
I know who I'm really calling out. Question is, is she going to come out? Or sit back there, playing chicken?
There's a few moments of silence, before someone in the crowd starts a "Burn It Down" chant. It's inevitable.
I finally hear someone clearing their throat through the speakers (Aiden English style lol), and the crowd starts to go wild.
I turn around only to find my brother in the ring. What the hell is he doing?
"You guys are going to have to excuse my sister, she's a little, uh-" He looks at me, then smirks at the camera. "Rough around the edges, since coming back to NXT."
"What the hell are you doing?" I ask him, mouth away from the mic so no one would hear.
"Saving your ass, go backstage." He says, before putting the mic back up to his mouth. "Alright Kitty, time for a cat-nap. I have a match to get ready for." He ushers me back down the ramp and backstage.
---x---
"That was unnecessary." I'm pissed. I was actually trying to push in the heel direction, but now he made me look like a fool on live TV.
"No, you know what was unnecessary? You calling that girl out like that. She was getting ready to come out, but she wasn't going to play nice. Carlos caught her taping something to her knuckles before she put her gloves on. You coulda gotten your ass beat."
"That bitch. I will end her, I swear to God."
"What you need to do is keep your damn distance. Clearly she isn't messing around. You want to end up on suspension again?"
He's sorta right. I was miserable when I was off work for those few weeks. But you know what?
I'm not fucking messing around either.
------a/n

IOODAGIOSDHGI SHIT OMGSDJGHUI
i'm sweating writing this like kitty bouta whoop some ass forreal ok
but anyway sorry for taking so long I have a lot of shit going on rn tbh :/ but more frequent updates to come!