Chapter 24.5

Aiden's P.O.V

"The baby isn't growing as fast as I would like, but still healthy. Just keep taking your prenatals and call us if you have any concerns."
The doctor hands Leah a stack of papers, including photos from the ultrasound. She tears up, again. She already cried once, looking at the same picture on the screen earlier. I can't tell whether she's happy or not. I know she's upset about being out of the ring.
The two of us are silent in the elevator, and the entire way through the lobby. I open the passenger side of my car for her. She looks like she wants to say something, but stays quiet.
"You going home tonight?" I ask. She's been staying at my place off and on for a few days, but now Katherine is back. They don't necessarily get along too well.
"Yeah...I should probably get some laundry done, make sure that the old lady in my building is still kickin'."
I forgot about that. There is a crazy cat lady that lives below her that she takes care of sometimes. The only other person who checks on her is the landlord, once a month.
The two of us don't say a word the entire way to her apartment. I turned the radio up, but there's still a heavy tension.
"You know," I start, putting the car into park outside of her building. "Maybe we should start looking for our own place."
Leah's face lights up. "Thank God you said that, because I was thinking it this whole time."
I feel guilt creep up into my gut when I see how big her smile is. I should have never lashed out and told her to get an abortion. I was drunk and depressed. But now it's just making me feel like an asshole.
"Alright, well I'll keep an eye out and send you some links tonight." She kisses my cheek and hops out of my car, skipping to the front door of the building.
My phone vibrates in my pocket as I'm about to head home.
From Carlos: WTH are you doing up there? Normal people like me are trying to take a post-gym nap pls keep it down
To Carlos: ???? i'm not even home rn
From Carlos: o
From Carlos: Better come get your sis then lol
------