Chapter 7

Getting dressed for tonight still ended up being a challenge, even without the pizza. I haven't dated anyone in three years, and I think, now that I've gotten closure from my last relationship, it's time to put myself out there. Not like I'm looking for another serious relationship anytime soon. But I wanted to dress...nice. If you know what I mean.

The club is full of people from the business. I didn't know HOW MANY wrestlers were from Florida, until I moved here. Most of them are billed from their hometowns, right? But no. John Cena? Florida. Roman Reigns? Florida. Dudley Boyz? Florida. The list goes on. I don't blame them, though. Aside from the rain, humidity, and horrifying gas prices, it's a nice place to live.

I find Aiden sitting at the bar with a bunch of our coworkers. Adrienne (Ember Moon), Alexa, and Leah (Carmella). I don't know half of the men that are here, because I'm usually training with the women. All of the ladies are in LOVE with my brother. They never shut up about him...unless Alexa MAKES them shut up. I take a seat, not really paying any attention to who's next to me, and order a drink.

"Kitty!" I hear Alexa walk up behind me. I've recently accepted the nickname that ONLY Colby used called me, as a stage name. It's starting to grow on me a little bit.

"Hey, what's up?"

"Can you come to the bathroom with me?" She asks, looking desperate. I'm just wondering why she asked me, out of all the other women here.

"I...guess?" She drags me to the other side of the bar, making sure no one was in the stalls when we entered.

"Okay," she starts, before facing me, "Since you know your brother a little better than I do-"

"If you brought me in here to talk about Ace..."

"No! I mean, kind of. But you know Leah?" Oh, lord. He's only been employed for a month and he's already causing drama between two women.

"I've already told her that me and Aiden are a thing but she keeps pushing herself toward him. Can you just...keep an eye on him? When I'm not around?"

"Of course, but if you need to keep tabs on your man, he probably shouldn't be your man, girl. I love my brother and all, but if you're looking for something serious, you can do a lot better."

"I know...I just really want to make this work. Thank you, though."

Another woman walks into the bathroom. We decide to head back out. The music has gotten a LOT louder.

"Heeeeeey, there's my two favorite girls!" My brother calls out, and I can tell he's already had one-too-many drinks. "Kat, you met Fergal, right?" He nods over to the guy sitting next to him.

Of course he would be here.

"Hah...yeah. We met. A couple times now, actually."

"Perfect! Then sit, have a chat. Let's go dance, Lexi." He wraps his arm around Alexa's shoulder and offers me his seat.

"Fancy seein' you here." Fergal yells, over the music. He ditched the leather jacket, and is actually dressed up pretty nice.

"Yeah, if it weren't the fact that we live in the same area and work for the same company, I would excuse it as fate." I laugh.

"How'd ya know where I live?" He jokes. "Can I buy the pretty lass a drink?"

I reach over to the drink I bought earlier, that's still being guarded by Adrienne. "Beat you to it, sorry."

---x---

After another drink or two, I couldn't stand the headache I was getting from how loud the music is, and the fact that I was screaming back and forth just to talk to the guy that was sitting right next to me.

"Ya wanna go somewhere, I don't know...quieter?" Fergal asks me, still yelling over the music.

Oh no. I've seen enough movies to have an idea where this is going. The guy is cute and all. And funny. And charming. But something inside of my head just tells me that I shouldn't.

"Uh, I was actually getting ready to head home." I lie, which just makes it awkward.

"Oh, that's alright. Another time, maybe?"

I feel a hand grasp my wrist, making me jump. It's Alexa.

"What do you think you're doing?" She whispers in my ear, eyeing towards Fergal. "Did you just turn him down?" She mouths.

I feel like I just got slapped in the face. Yes, I did. But why? Wasn't that the whole point of coming out tonight?

My phone buzzes and a familiar name pops up on the screen.

From Colby: Gonna be in town for a couple days next week. Wanna make some plans?

"I gotta go. Text me if you need a ride home, okay?" I tell Alexa and head to the door.

------