Chapter 29

a/nfor the sake of the fic we're gonna pretend sami wasn't actually at NXT Takeover: London and was still out for an injury

Later that night

8PM is when the movie starts. It's currently 7:20, and Rami told me that he'd be here at 7:30.

I would be lying if I said I wasn't nervous. It's only been one day since we hooked up. Aiden is still pissed off about it and won't talk to me. Which is petty, considering it's none of his damn business.

I guess I'm still pissed at him too. I get it, he's stressed about Leah and the baby. But that still doesn't give him the right to be a huge dickhead.

Rami texts me that he's here, and I buzz him in. I get one last look in the mirror before he knocks on the front door.

---x---

Sami's P.O.V

Just as I get a moment to wonder about whether or not I'm dressed up enough for a movie, Kitty opens the door. I feel relief wash over me when I notice that she's also just in a t-shirt and jeans.

Thank god.

My eyes move up to her face.

"You look beautiful."

She scoffs. "You're joking, right? I look like a mess."

She's joking, right? Has the woman looked in a mirror lately? I could practically get on my knees and kiss her sneakers.

She grabs her jacket and locks the door behind her. "But thank you. I didn't mean to be rude."

"Oh, no. It's fine. You do look very nice, though. I mean it."

"You look nice too. Revenge of the Sith shirt, and all."

---x---

I'm having a hard time paying attention to the movie when I have a dime-piece sitting right next to me. The movie is pretty good so far, though. Don't know if it was worth waiting ten years for, but we'll see.
Kitty starts squirming excitedly when Carrie Fischer enters the screen.

I feel a shift in my chest, watching this girl watch my childhood crush on the big screen. It could just be the strawberry-shampoo that's I can smell in her hair and the fact that I love strawberries. Or the fact that I really just love Star Wars.

But I think I might be in love.

---x---

Kitty's P.O.V

I could feel Rami's eyes on me pretty much throughout the entire movie. I didn't really know for sure until I felt his arm around my shoulder. I think he sniffed my hair a couple times too? That could just be my crazy talking.

We were quiet on the way back to his car. I actually suggested we drove separate, but he insisted. This really did kind of turn into a date.

"So, how'd you like the movie?" I ask, after minutes of silence.

"Hm? Oh, yeah. Good. Real good."

"Can't go wrong with Carrie Fischer. Woman's an icon." I love her. To death. Hands down, my favorite woman on the planet.

I look over and notice Rami smiling, which isn't unnormal. But he's got a huge grin on his face.

"What?"

"Oh, nothing. Just loveyoualot." He rushes out the last few words, and I don't really understand. "So, you up for a late-night stroll or?" He changes the subject and stops next to a park with a pond and bridge in the center.

"Uh, sure? Why not?"

He parks and the two of us get out of the car. This is not how I expected this night to end, that's for sure.

I can't help but wonder if he's been telling everyone at work what we did. He seems like a nice guy, but definitely not trustworthy. No man is trustworthy.

We stop at the bridge, and just stare at the water for a while.

"Hey, Rami?" I think about asking him, but decide against it.

"What?"

"Why didn't you go to London for Takeover?"

"Still out for my shoulder. I'll be back in action in a couple weeks."

"Oh, okay. That makes sense." I feel my phone buzz in my purse, and pull it out for a quick look.

From 🍀"Finn"🍀

I feel butterflies in my stomach. Instantly.

From 🍀"Finn"🍀: Hey, love. Made it safe in London. Ya gonna be watching? I have the luck of the Irish on my side, definitely not confident unless I have the luck of the Scottish queen on my side as well ;*

"Kitty, you hear me?" Rami asks. He must have been talking this whole time.

"Uh, yeah. Sorry. What did you say?"

------