Chapter 24- Vengance

Liam was fading fast, his breathing was slowing. Damian had no more choice. He had to do this now, not just for Liam's life, but his own. Sylvia would kill him too if he let him die.

The thick jacket Liam wore didn't help much. Although he only needed to be able to reach his fore arm, it was a struggle just to roll the sleeves up as far. But it was enough. Damian held up Liam's arm.

The truth was, normal vampires couldn't turn humans into one of their own. But Damian was half human half vampire, and as a result, had gained only a selected amount of vampire traits. He had gotten more vampire than human traits, but he missed out on the enhanced strength and the blood lust. Of course, this meant he didn't drink blood, and in fact hated the taste of it. That was the reason why his father and everyone else had thought he was ill. Damian had had to take it upon himself to find out a truth about his differences. And he had found it in his book.

Damian discovered he was a pure blood vampire, an 'Azul' as known by others. They were like him, human-vampire mixes with bright blue eyes. It seemed the power to change a human to a vampire was only developed by Azuls. Something he had never thought he would have to do.

Until now.

With Liam's life slowly fading, he bit into his arm.

He only counted to three before he let go. Liam's arm dropped limply to his side. He gently lifted one of Liam's eyelids to check if it had worked. It had. Liam's dark eyes were slowly melding into a deep crimson red.

Knowing that he would be alright, Damian took the remote and approached the metal box. Sylvia had given up shouting and now no sound came from the box. He pressed the button on the remote and it clicked.

The four panels that had rose from the dirt to form the box, fell. He jumped backwards so as not to get hit by the one in front of him. Sylvia stood for a minute, then he saw her eyes widen as she saw Liam lying on the ground. She ran forward, but Damian managed to catch her and hold her back. She struggled, shouting at him.

" Liam! Let me go! No!" Suddenly, she stopped struggling and the strength seemed to evaporate within her. She fell limp in his arms and he fell with her until they were both on their knees. Her eyes were still focused on Liam, and a lone tear shuffled it's way down her right cheek.

" Sylvia, he's okay. Trust me, he's fine, calm down." He shook her gently. Her eyes shut for a minute. When they opened, they drifted to his.

But these eyes seemed different.

A dark emotion shone out from them. The beautiful blue colour faded into a deep violet. He knew something was wrong. Very wrong.

She stood up, pulling him with her and he dropped his hands from her shoulders. Out the corner of his eye, he could see Jerry and Jet watching too as she turned on her heel. She strode over to Jet and stood looking down on him where he sat, leaning against the stands. Her voice came out calmly.

" Who shot him?"

" Graham."

" Where is he?"

" I don't know."

" Don't lie to me, Jet. I'm not the helpless twelve year old anymore." Jet remained quiet as he thought her words over. He then looked away.

" The opening in the back of this tent. It'll take you to the old staffhouse where Graham is." She barely let him finish talking before she was off heading after Graham. Damian started after her, but someone grabbed his ankle, making him stop. He turned his head to see Jet holding on to him.

" Let go, Jet."

" No. You can't stop her now."

" Stop her? I'm not going to stop her. I'm going to help her." Jet's hand dropped. He stared at him. Damian told Jerry to keep an eye on Liam too, and ran after Sylvia.