Epilogue

~Two Years Later~

My eyes scanned the room, searching between the crowds of people dancing. There were so many beautiful women here tonight, but only one of them I cared about.

When I finally found her, I smiled contently. I know the bride is supposed to be the most beautiful woman at her wedding, but I was a little biased towards the maid of honor. She looked stunning and elegant in her pink dress that showed off her fantastic legs and even better ass. I really had to get her out of here before anyone else noticed just how fucking gorgeous she was.

She had her long auburn hair pulled back in a complicated braid, her blue eyes absolutely sparkling with delight as she watched the bride and groom dance. Like, yeah, I was ridiculously happy for them, too, but I only had eyes for one person at this reception.

Alice turned then, eyes find me, and she smiled brilliantly. I smirked wickedly, nodding towards the back door for a quick getaway. She just rolled her eyes. At this point in our relationship, she was used to this with me. I mostly just teased her about it now.

Mostly.

My gaze left my girlfriend's to the newly married couple. Ever since that night two years ago, Marley and I had an understanding to always be honest with eachother. We were barely friends before then, but afterwards...we were pretty tight—even more so when I finally got my head out of my own ass and told Alice how I felt about her. It'd been nothing but double dates since then.

I hoped them getting married two years after officially dating didn't give Alice any ideas. I wasn't looking to get married tomorrow. Someday, yeah. Tomorrow...nah. But I'd be stupid not to snatch that girl up forever.

My eyes rolled as I watched Landon and Marley gaze into eachother's eyes lovingly. I was gonna puke. There had been intolerable since they started dating. I thought maybe that would have slowed down when they moved in together and then when they got engaged but no. If anything, it just made their public displays of affection even more disgusting.

Over Landon's shoulder, Marley shot me a wide grin.

My pessimism faded as I shot a thumbs up to my friend. It was insane how much we all loved that hotheaded woman. She'd completely turned all our lives around. It'd only been two and a half years, but it felt like she'd been our fourth musketeer for a lifetime. In a way, she kind of always had been with the way Landon always talked about her growing up.

And now he finally had the girl.

My thoughts were interrupted as Alice sidled close to me, curling her fingers around mine. "Was that just a tease?" she whispered, looking up at me flirtatiously.

I smirked. "Depends. Did you want it to be?"

Biting her lip, she yanked me by my arm and started dragging me towards the back door.

She was worse than I was, honestly.

Before the door was even open, she was already making out with me, undoing my tie and making no time with my belt.

I happened to glance up and see we weren't exactly alone behind the building. Landon's brother, Leland, had wasted no time in dragging a new blonde bimbo out here and making out with her against the damn wall. I rolled my eyes. He'd been nothing but trouble lately. It didn't surprise me that he'd pull this shit on his brother's wedding. That's one of the many reasons I was the best man and not him.

"Whoops—sorry!" Alice trilled, already pushing me back inside. She looked not only disappointed but totally annoyed at Leland. I'd love her forever for that.

So I decided I was gonna be an ass. No one ruined my girl's fun.

But when I opened my mouth to tell him off, I got a good look at the girl who was already desperately running off. She made the mistake of turning her head, though, and I know she saw me.

My blood boiled, rage filling me in a way I hadn't known I could feel.

"That's my sister!" I bellowed.