Pocket Full of Posies

"Pocket Full of Posies"

H. M. Verdon

Copyright 2012, H. M. Verdon

*If you steal the works on these pages, you are plagiarizing!*

I used to be a good girl.

I was the girl who dedicated her life to school and had a bad day when I got an A minus on a test. I was not only a church going girl, but I honestly believed in what it was I went there for. That’s right, I was a Christian. My church was Four Square—pretty down to earth, actually. I’d been going to the same church since I was a little girl. The Potter’s House. It was a small building that used to be a hospital. I loved it and everyone there. They were my family.

And then everything changed, as things often do, with a boy.

My fiancé Isaac, to be exact.

We’d known eachother since we were thirteen years old. We pretty much started out dating right when we met, too. All through high school we were inseparable. He was my best friend, and I couldn’t imagine life without him. He popped the inevitable question at my graduation party in front of everyone. We had a plan. We were going to spend two years in a community college and the next two years at MTSU—which was in Murfreesboro; a one hour drive from our little ol’ Lewisburg.

I don’t know when he decided I wasn’t enough for him. We went into our first semester of college happy and finishing up plans on our upcoming October wedding; because there was nothing like Tennessee in the fall, and that was around the time my allergies weren’t going nuts.

Somewhere along the way, though…he got bored. Multiple times. And the only one who could quench his boredom was my best friend Joanna. My best friend since we were in diapers knowingly slept around with my fiancé two months before our wedding.

To make things worse, he ran off with her. They weren’t even decent enough to tell me about it; I had to find out for myself. I went into his house unsuspectingly and saw them together. Joanna at least acted like she felt bad, but Isaac….He just calmly put his pants on and said he was sorry I had to find out like this, even though his tone clearly implied he was not sorry in the least. Five seconds afterward, he informed me he was leaving to Maine with Joanna and they were going to get married.

So not only was he leaving with my best friend, but they were also getting married.

I could feel myself turning into one of those women on CSI who goes postal and kills the two for betraying her. So I let them go without a word. I didn’t even put up a fight. I cried in front of them both, pathetically letting my feelings show. And they still did nothing to rectify it.

This was where being the good girl got me: my best friend stealing my fiancé.

Well, you know what? Joke’s on her. She could have him for all I cared. I wasn’t in high school anymore. This was college, for crying out loud. I wasn’t going to waste it by being the good girl.

____________________________________________________________________________

A/N Oh, Marley, sweetie. Not the wisest thing. I was actually going to put the whole finding out thing as the prologue, but I think this fit a lot better; plus I don’t want Joanna and Isaac to have specific personalities yet, I mean aside from being backstabbers. Anyway, I think I’m gonna like Marley. She’s gonna be real badass, lol!! Not sure when I’ll introduce Landon. For the previous Lewisburg stories, my guys were always in the first chapter. I think that’ll most likely happen with this, too; but we’ll see. Next chapter coming up!!

VOTES?

COMMENTS?

TTFN,

HaNnAh,

P.S Hope y’all will make room in your heart for Marley :)