Grabing a match

Marco's p.o.v.

I don't get it. We've been planning this chill day for a week now. To party at home, just us, where it's always fun.

But now her evil ex comes back into the picture and she's gone. So now I'm sitting at home. All alone. She promised me we'd have fun.

I'm not pouting (he's totally pouting) as I munch on some of my "super awesome nachos". She loves those!

I have a nagging voice in my head. Telling me to get her. She's probably in danger.

But star can handle herself. She's awesome!

But what if she gets into trouble. She in the underworld all on her own with a demon with anger problems.

But he's had a long time with out an incident.

Doesn't mean he won't have one.

With that thought I got up and rushed to the bell to summon the demon elevator. I ran to the balcony of her room and waited.

This is insane, but I gotta help star. She shouldn't be there alone.

Once the elevator arrived I got in and went down to hell.

Tom's p.o.v.

So far so good Lucitor. You're doing good. Yea, Star was against the whole unicorn blood thing, but I couldn't take everything about the blood moon ball. The people were expecting the usual, but I wanted star to have fun. Especially to have fun with me.

I saw some demon ask her her dance. I quickly had to intervene. How could I not? What if the blood moon decided to shine while she was dancing with someone else? She needed to dance with me the whole night. No one else.

I look up and see the moon about to be in place.

"Star would" But the music. It's al wrong for this! " I'll be right back. What is this music. It's not what I asked for. Stay here."

I went up to the DJ.

"What is this? I asked for the waltz. What, do you want your prince to be soul bound during some dumb pop song?" I feel my temper rise so I take a deep breath and start to walk in circles like Brian said to. "Sorry, Sorry. I'm calm. Just, please change the song, kay?" The DJ modded with wide eyes and started searching through his cds for the right song. "Thank you."

I then went back into the crowd to go ask star for a dance. WHERE DID SHE GO?!?!

(Italics is Marco normal is tom)

I arrived and then started to look for Star. Where could she be?

I started moving through the crowd for Star. Where could she be?

I see her blonde hair. No demon would have that blonde hair right?

Blonde! I found her! No demon could have that blonde of hair.

I push through the crowd as I make my way towards her. I just need to know she's okay.

I push through the crowd as I make my way towards her. I just need one dance with her.

I reach my hand out, calling her name. Caught her hand.

I read my hand out calling her name. Gotcha Star.

(Tom's p.o.v.)

The music I picked finally started. I pulled on her hand as the red light shines down. Finally, I think. Only, when I open my eyes, Star isn't in my arms. Instead it's some boy. I look to the side and Star is standing there as confused as I am. But it's the ball. I have to dance or else this will be wasted. No one wants to see their prince look weak. I start to lead the dance and the boy in front of me looks confused as well. I growl as I keep seeing him looking at Star. This dance was meant for Star, but while I danced, I felt myself starting to no longer care. It was fun. He was a very good dancer, and I see him start to smile under his mask and looking at me instead of star.

I smile and his smile turns to a smirk. I almost made a noise of surprise when he started to take the lead in dancing. It was a little hard, but after a little bit I got the hang of it and I was starting to enjoy myself. I actually heard him laugh, so he must have been enjoying himself too.

Marco's p.o.v.

Well, this is an interesting turn of events. I'm dancing with Tom, Star's evil ex boyfriend, and I'm having fun. Oh Star is going to kill me. Unless he is also enjoying it. Either way I'm screwed.

The music fades away and we stop in the middle of the ball room. The red light fades away. I look straight up to see the moon. The man in the moon almost seemed to be smiling. Pleased with his work. Before I knew it Tom and I were torn apart and I fell to the ground.

I look up and he had stepped back and then tore off my mask. He then growled.

"You?!"

"Marco?!"

He started stalking towards me. "That dance. WAS MEANT. FOR STAR!" Suddenly he was consumed by fire. I quickly got up and tried to run away. I was saved by him being frozen in ice.

Star pulled on the back of  my jacket. She stalked up to the tomcicle and changed the button without incident to zero. She opened up a portal with her scissors and threw me in then walked in herself.

"I can't believe it."

"Yea, it was weird. He seemed to be enjoying himself, but once he knew it was me. Fire!"

"No marco! I mean you! Why did you go? "

"Well, I wanted to help you. I thought you might have been in trouble."

"Well I don't need you to protect me. I don't need a knight. I need a friend!" She sighed and looked down, ashamed I made her upset.

She turned around leaning on the railing smiling.

"Well one good thing I learned about tonight, is that the two of you can dance." She stole my hat and put it on her self.

"Heh. Hat hair." We said at the same time then started laughing.

Tonight wasn't a total waste. I had fun.