Im out of fire puns for now

Tom's p.o.v. ~

I woke up feeling better than I have in a while. The party is going to be fun. I have plans for who to invite. Obviously Marco, which means Star, and Star means Pony Head. Then I guess Jackie and Janna. If they have anyone they want to invite then they each get a plus one.

I had made up invitations, before I went to bed, for each of them. I put them in my bag as I got ready for school. This won't be hard, just say 'hey, I'm having a party. Wanna come?' See, not hard at all.

I step through my fire portal to school and took a deep breath, I got this. Then I heard some laughter so I look over and see Star dragging Marco by the sleeves of his hoodie. I was a bit disappointed to see his hood tied tight over his head. Being denied the sight of his face I walk up to them and take out their invitations.

"Hey Star, hey Marco!" I felt a pull at my chest when he immediately pulled away, taking a few steps back at the sound of my voice. "Sorry, I Uh, didn't mean to startle you."

"Oh don't mind Marco. He's having a rough morning as is. What's up Tom?" Star wraps an arm around his shoulders and he slouched.

"Oh well I was just hoping to invite you guys to a party. Don't worry it won't really be like blood moon ball. Just music and snacks. And just a few of us." I shrug and hand them the invitations. I smile a little as Marco unties his good and I can finally see his face. Star grabs both invitations.

"Plus one? So I can bring Pony Head?!" She started jumping up and down and Marco took a few steps away from her.

"I mean, I also have an invitation for her too. Planning on giving it to her back at Mewni." I shrugged her off and held up the other invitations.

"Pony Head. Janna and Jackie?! You're inviting them too?" She looked at Marco and then I remembered, right, he likes Jackie.

"Yea, I mean, I've been making a few friends and so far they're it. Along side you and Marco." A short awkward silence followed so I looked back and forth between them. "We are friends right?" Suddenly feeling panic set into my chest and disappointment in my stomach. At this point, Marco is my best friend. What if to him, I'm not even a friend.

"Of course we're your friends." Star said and yanked Marco's good off his head. He instantly looked down but his face was all red. "Right Marco?" He nodded and mumbled a yea. The panic left my chest but the dread stayed.

"So, can I count on seeing you both this weekend? Of course, if you don't want to, that's fine." Star started laughing and now I'm just confused.

"No tom. We will definitely be there. We'd love to go." She elbowed Marco and he then started to head off to class.

"We'll go. I'm going to class!" And he stormed off. I'm sure he didn't mean to be harsh but I felt like I was slapped in the face. So I turn to star.

"Did I do something wrong? I've never seen him this mad before. Or mad in general." She just shrugs.

"You'd have to ask him. It's not my place to tell you. What I can say tho, is that he's gotten better at communicating to his crushes. He finally said a full sentence with out stuttering." And skipped off after him.

Baby steps Tom. Baby steps.

Marco's p.o.v. ~

Why? Is Star trying to broadcast that I like Tom? I was so stupid in telling her last night.

~flash back before you kill me for not continuing this from the beginning~

"I think I like Tom."

Star instantly stood up and I sat up slowly so I could properly see her reaction, a little afraid of her response. I mean, what kind of friend am I? Liking my best friend's ex. But to my surprise she didn't look mad. She looked puzzled but her eyes were sparkling.

"Really? Demon ex boyfriend Tom?" I slowly nod, not quite sure what's happening. "Okay... ho-" before she could finish her sentence my Dad called for us for dinner. Happy for a distraction a bolted to the table.

Thankfully Star didn't bring it up at the table. I can barely handle her judging me, I don't need my parents to question and judge me too. Not yet.

I don't even know if I could answer all their questions, I'm new to this too. I've never liked a guy before. Ever since kindergarten, it's just been Jackie. Now I'm thrown through a loop and I don't know how I'm reacting. I guess I'm just in shock.

"-arco. MARCO!" I look up and see them staring at me. Star consented, my dad with a huge smile on his face and my mom with soft humor in her eyes.

"What?" And they start laughing, Star sighs. "Sorry I was zoning out."

"We were just asking about your day Marco. You came home and locked yourself in your room." My mom reached out and placed her hand on mine. "You feeling okay?"

"Oh. Oh yea. Just had a lot of homework and studying. I just couldn't understand this last chapter." A lie. I just don't want to deal with anyone until I sort this out for myself.

"Well I'm glad it's nothing too big. Remember, if you need anything we have the sad teen hotline above the phone." My dad pointed time the poster above the phone.

"Yea dad. I know. Thanks." I smile and nod. He really likes the sad teen hotline. Maybe... maybe a call wouldn't hurt. But as soon as diner was done I announced I was going to bed and sat with my thoughts until morning.

Then this morning, Star wouldn't stop asking me questions or making jokes. Love Star, but I don't need her jokes today, or her pushing me to talk to Tom. You'd think by now I'd be used to change in my life.

But you would be wrong. This is one change I'm not sure how to handle yet.