Striking the match

Marco's pov

Well, that was interesting. It was nice that Tom is apologizing and trying to make things right. Maybe we were wrong about him. Except now star seems irritated with me.

"Star, all I did was accept his apology. Why are you so mad at me?" She turns around and faces me glaring.

"Oh, I don't know. Maybe cuz my BEST FRIEND was making goo goo eyes at my EX BOY FRIEND!" She goes to her room and slams the door shut.

"Star? What are you talking about? I didn't do anything!" I knock on her door and hear her calling someone on her mirror.

Tom's POV~

I was playing ping pong with myself and getting pretty bored as I hear my mirror start to ring. At first I ignore it, thinking she wanted to call her mom not me.

Except...

It kept ringing.

I got up and walked over to it answering.

"Took you long enough. What were you doing?" I just stare at a frustrated star. Her hair was a mess and her horns were off her head.

"Well, granted the fact that anytime I do answer, it was a call for your mom. Not me. So I was going to let it ring so you could hang up and call her."

"I wasn't calling my mom! I was calling you!" She threw her arms in the air and started pacing. "What is up with you? One day you're fighting to get me back, next, you're flirting with my best friend! What gives TOM?!" She's huffing and glaring at me through her mirror. I hold up my ands in surrender.

"Hey, I realized, you are no longer into me. So I'm giving you space. And what do you mean flirting with your best friend? I haven't flirted with anyone." She sighs and flops down onto her bean bag.

"Listen, tom. I get your desperate for me, but trying to make me jealous won't work." I am totally confused.

"Star, what are you even talking about?" I pull up my throne and sit down in front of the mirror trying to understand where she's coming from.

"You. You and Marco making goo goo eyes and blushing and acting all shy. I say stop it!" She puts her hands on her hips. I'm still confused, but my eyes widen.

"Wait.... wait wait waitwaitwait...... Was I?  Was I acting that way?" She nodded exaggerating like she's already established that. "Okay. Three things. One, star, I am not trying to make you jealous. At all. I'm trying to move on so I don't bother you. Become the better person you know? Second thing, I am not, nor will be trying to flirt with your human friend who crashed the ball I worked so hard to make perfect for you. Would you flirt with a girl who crashed your sleep over uninvited and ruined all your efforts?" She shook her head slowly. She then opened her mouth to speak but I cut her off. "Third of all, why do you even care? You said so yourself, you're not interested in me so.... him." Realization dawned on me and I smirked.

"I don't know what you're talking about tom." Her cheeks started to glow with embarrassment, making me chuckle.

"If it's not that you like me, then you like him. You wouldn't be so upset otherwise. You think I'm a rival." I lean back and cross my arms. "I'm gonna take on this challenge."

"What challenge." She sits up eyes wide. "Tom, what are you talking about."

"You accuse me of something I didn't do, because you are jealous. So, let's go. First to get him to fall in love can keep him."

"Tom, he is a person, we can't just keep him"

"So, you forfeit." I smirk knowing she never backs down from a challenge.

"Ugh. Fine. First to Marco's heart wins. I'm already closer." She leans back but falls cuz the bean bag doesn't have a back, and I laugh.

"Obviously not or you wouldn't have been worried to begin with. Later starship." And I hung up. Challenge set.