And now the fire is out

Tom's pov ~

I stared at my dad horrified. Marco looked confused. I need to act fast and get Marco out of here before my dad says something worse.

"Dad. That joke was in poor taste." Marco looked a bit less awkward but still confused.

"Tom, I only meant-"

"Come on Marco. We have to go find Star. She's around here somewhere." I take his wrist in my hand and drag him behind me, trying not to flare up.

"Tom. What happened? Are you okay? You feel very warm right now." I kept walking until we were out of the throne room and a few hall ways down.

"Yea, it's just typical dad jokes." He pulls his arm out of my grasp quickly and I turn. My eyes are wide as I see the cuff of his sweater smoking slightly. "I'm so-"

"Something tells me there's more too it than that." He rolls up his sleeve revealing a perfect arm. I mean perfectly fine arm. Not burned. "I'm fine, don't worry. Just got hot." He smiles consolingly. "What's wrong?" I sigh and want to bang my head on the wall.

"Come on. We need to find Star. Who knows what kind of trouble she'll get into." That argument gets him to not continue his questioning, but his expression shows he'll continue when he gets the chance.

We turn the corner and see sparkles down the hall. We look at each other and "Star," is all that passes between us, before bolting down the hall.

"You know! Red sweater. Cute little mole. Total safe kid but knows how to fight."

"Hey! I told you. I'm a misunderstood bad boy."

I start to laugh as Star tackles him in a hug. I was off the poor guard she had pinned against the wall, who just scoffs but hurried away.

"What do you mean "misunderstood bad boy? What kind of bad boy knows how to dance and cook?" I'm still chuckling and Star still had her arms wrapped around his neck. At the moment I didn't care. Any distraction from earlier is welcome.

"At school he's the safe kid. Literally my first day at school he guided me away from many 'disasters'," she had made air quotes with her fingers, letting go of Marco, who folded his arms and a light pink dusted his cheeks. "But he can fight so he's good. He's gotten a lot less peculiar per little things, but still keeps everyone's safety a priority." She pokes his cheek. "So cute." He waves his arms dramatically in the air to push her hand away which makes us laugh.

"I'm not cute. I'm a totally hot bad boy!" He throws his arms in front of him, crossing one over the other, throwing Star into another fit of laughter. "Shut up Star."

"Let's go somewhere else a little less public to the whole castle?"

"Like where Tom? Wrathmelior is very much against girls in your room." She folds her arm with a condescending smirk, to which I just walk away.

"Oh! I know where we're going!" Marco says excited, and follows me quickly. I chuckle a little at his excitement. "Hey. Don't laugh, I'll beat you this time."

"Yea right. Star, I beat him table tennis so bad. Like horribly bad. It was brutal."

"Hey!"

"And when do you guys play?"

That's when we realized we messed up (I almost typed f***ed up, and remembered this is kids show. Must appropriate language).

Marco and I just looked at each other for a moment, panic clear in his eyes. I'm sure mine mimicked it.

"Break period in the school day" "kidnapped him after the dance"

Star crosses her arms and Marco looked at me horrified.

"What kind excuse is that? Why would you say that?!"

"Well I was tempted cuz you ruined my night. Brian told me not to!"

"That does sound more likely than your excuse Marco. But I want a serious and truthful answer. So boys? Out with it."

I looked at Marco not knowing what to say. Marco then sighed.

"I used the bell last night. That's why I was so tired this morning." He tugged a little at the draw strings of his sweater. It was adorable.

"Marco why would you do that? I told you it could be dangerous!" At this my attention goes to her. "You ruined the ball and I warned you. But you still went?!"

"Hey!" I know I flared a little as the room got a small bit brighter, drawing both of their attention to me. "I invited him and he was with me. You had no say in it at all. I wouldn't let anyone touch him!"

"And he wouldn't be in danger of anyone touching him. And you caused him to have no sleep!"

"You don't think I know that?!" The room got a bit brighter again. "Why do you think I joined your stupid earthling school? I didn't want his friendship with me to burden!" I look down and see that it's my hands and hair on fire. I instantly put it out and storm down the hallway to my bro hall. 

What startled me to a stop is hearing foot steps behind me. I turn and see Marco following me. I look at him confused and he just gives me a dorky little smile.

"You still owe me an explanation for earlier with King Dave." I look past him at Star and she rolls her eyes trudging to catch up.

"Fine come on. Let's go play games like we're chums or what ever." Marco laughs and I sigh in relief.

"Onward to the Bro Hall!" I fly a little to show off making Marco laugh as Star groans.