Care for the little flame

Tom's p.o.v. ~

After dancing for a while I notice Marco starting to lean on me more than actually dancing. I take my free hand and shake his shoulder a little bit. He releases star's hand as he rubs his eyes yawning.

"I'm up. I'm up." He goes back to standing on his own instead of leaning, but I hold his hand a little tighter. I don't want to let go yet. It's too soon.

"Marco, are you falling asleep?" Star stopped dancing, and started to lead us back to the couches. He shook his head but his eyes closed the moment he sat down. "C'mon. Let's take him home." Star uses her scissors and opens a portal back to his room.

"Yea." I sigh as I pick up Marco and carry him into his room. I lay him down on his bed and look down at our hands. "Good night Marco." I turn to star. "Good night Star." I let go of his hand and feel his fingers slip from mine. "Well. I'd better get back home. I hope you guys sleep well." She nods and I open a portal back to my own room.

Once I was in my room I layed down on my bed and looked up at the ceiling. This day was a lot. I felt bad for causing so many problems for Marco. Star too. They had their own issues, Marco explained a little about Ludo while we were hanging out playing ping pong.

Closing my eyes, I fell asleep thinking of Marco's happy face while we danced together. I wonder if sometime he and I could dance together like at the blood moon ball. Maybe I could see if he was enjoying himself without the mask. I hope he did. I know I did. Might have been upset but thinking back, it was nice.

When I woke up in the morning I picked up Marshmallow and was seriously tempted to sneak him into my bag. Looking up at the time on my clock, I decided, yes. Marshmallow is coming with me and hopefully, I won't get caught. So, in my bag, he goes. After rearranging some things, I placed him into the smaller front pocket with some carrot slices and lettuce leaves.

Deciding he's good and safe I made my way down to get breakfast.

The dining hall was empty except for my father at the head of the table finishing up his breakfast.

"good morning Tom. Out late again I see." he smiles and I sit down next to him and grab a plate of waffles.

"yea. Was out at the bounce lounge with Star and Marco. It was fun." I took a bite of waffle.

" I see you're getting out of the house more. I'm glad. You need to make friends. You would hang out with star and her friends some times, but not anymore. I hope you're making your own." I thought about the friendly invitation given by Jackie and Janna. True they're also Star's friends but I would be with them without Star.

"i... I can make some. It won't be that hard. I mean, just talking to people. How hard can that be?" he gives me a pointed look and I finish up my waffles.

"Well, I'm off now. See you later dad." I wave and open a portal to the school. Day three of school, here I come.

Marco's p.o.v.

I woke up feeling oddly cold. I rolled over and looked at my phone, to check the time. I sat up to stretch as I still had an hour to get ready and still have time before the bus.

After finishing my morning routine I noticed something was off.

It's quiet.

I quickly ran to Star's room and opened the door to see her still asleep and snoring on the floor with one foot tangled in the sheets of her bed. I laugh as I shake her awake.

"Star. Come on, wake up. We have to go to school." She in turn just rolled over and got more tangled in the sheets. "How did you even end up like this?" I grab her arms and hoist her onto the bed.

I make my way to the bathroom and fill a cup with water then go back and dump it on her face.

"Dancing!" I laugh as that's the first word out of her mouth from waking up. "Marco! Why did you do that?!" She started to wipe the water off her face with her blanket.

"Because the bus is going to be here soon and you were fast asleep on the floor when I found you. Now hurry up or I'll leave you behind." She groans as I leave her room.

I was waiting by the front door for Star and suddenly felt a weird heavy feeling in my chest. It felt like I was lonely but how could that be? I just woke up and was just with Star. I've waited for her to get ready plenty of times. Why am I feeling lonely?

As I hear the screech of the bus stop, I hear Star's foot steps stomping down the stairs.

"Marco! The bus! Let's go!" She grabs my hand and runs out the door. I'm following laughing as she talks about something. I feel bad for zoning her out, but I realized, I still felt lonely.

Hopefully the busy school day will distract me.