And now its spreading

Marco's pov~

After school I take Tom to the store, and Star came along with for "fashion advice" what ever that means. I mean, we're just getting folders and a backpack. A few notebooks maybe.

We get to the door of the store and it opens automatically, Tom's jaw drops and looks at me wide eyed.

"I thought you guys said there's no magic here." Star laughs and pulls him in to the store, rather roughly.

"Right? It's not magic though. Marco said it's the science of technology." He nods a bit processing and I have to bite my lip to keep from laughing.

"Interesting. So what now?" He looks over at me and I dramatically clear my throat.

"Well my good sir, off to find note books and folders." I lead them through the store, I hear star skipping and I keep having to look back cuz Tom barely makes a sound as he's too distracted looking around. "Okay, in this aisle, you have folders, note books, pencils, planners basic stuff you need for every individual class. So take your pick." He nods and starts towards the folders. I start looking at notebooks. Blue for English. Yellow for science. Green for math. Red for history. And finally black for the elective. I turn to Tom with my arms full of the notebooks. He looks very deep in thought. And Star seems to be helping him think. "What's up?"

"Oh. I'm just torn between these two."

"You know you can get more than one?"

"Wait really?!" He smiles so wide I couldn't help but laugh a little.

"Yea, you got quite a few classes. Gotta keep the classes separate. So which ones?" I walk closer and am shocked.

"Well I wanted this one cuz there's a bunch of little bunnies and they're cute, where as this one is a big pink bunny and reminds me of marshmallow. I miss marshmallow." I pat his back then I find a few different ones with bunnies and he's ecstatic about them.

"Next you need writing supplies. A good pack of pencils will do then a few black pens- Star no." Star had grabbed a box of sparkly gel pens and threw them into the cart. "Teachers are picky about what you can write with. Gel pens are a no go. Plain pencils or black pens. If you find black gel pens, I'll get those." She then ran off to find black gel pens and Tom found the erasers. The ones you put on the backs of pencils that have different shapes and some times scents.

"Can I get these?" He points to two boxes. One that had rainbow colored bunnies and one that had skulls and bones. I laugh at the dramatic difference between the two.

"Yea that's fine, grab the pack of pencils below them too." He puts them in the cart and Star rushes back with a giant pack of gel pens all in black and blue (some sparkly, some metallic, and different shades of blue). "Fine. Put it in."

"Yes!" She slams them in and does a mini victory dance. I started to laugh and so did she but stopped as I saw Tom just staring at me. I look at him confused and he just smiles and goes to look for more folders. "ooooo! Tom! get matching notebooks to your folders!" and with that, star takes out the notebooks i grabbed and runs to find more to match his folders. For some reason, I feel sad. What is up with me?

Tom's P.O.V~

Star takes the notebooks out then drags me away farther down the aisle. She puts those back on the shelf then digs around to find ones to match my folders.

"Tom, Marco is getting too close to you." She then turned to look at me. "I swear Tom, if you do anything to hurt him..... is this some kind of game to you? To prove you're better than me?"

"Star... what are you talking about? Marco is my s... friend.... of course we're getting closer. Also the bet." Although that just seemed to make her even more upset.

"The bet? Is that all that matters to you Tom? Well congrats! You're winning. You win the bet Tom! Now leave him alone before you hurt him!" I open my mouth to speak but she cuts me off. "Marco's heart is not a toy. I agreed to the bet out of heat of the moment stress. He's been chasing after the same girl all his life. He doesn't need for his second crush to leave him the moment he confesses." Not I was mad.

"Who ever said I'd leave?" I could feel myself burning up but I couldn't stop. "Who ever said this was just a game to me? Okay, as you've realized, Marco is special. He means almost more to me than you ever did, and Hes a genuine caring person. He's not destructive, rude, or mean. He's calm, brave, caring and patient!"

"Unlike you." She pointed at me and I noticed my fists were on fire. We turned to look at Marco. At first he was looking at the cart confused then looked up and we made eye contact. The fear in his eyes was instant. "See what I mean?"

"Just shut up!" I need marshmallow. I need Brian. I need something to calm me down from my anger at Star. So I ran.

I heard Marco calling after me, Star too surprisingly. But it wasn't just that. I wasn't just mad at Star. I wasn't just upset by her words.

I was upset at how true her statements were. I'm a walking breathing time bomb of fire. It's not just emotionally she's worried about. I could physically hurt him. I could hurt him bad.

No. I wasn't upset with Star.

I was mad at myself.