Its heating up

Marco's P.O.V.

The party is tomorrow. Right now it's all I can think about. I was sitting in class, and instead of paying attention, I was thinking about what I should wear. I mean, Tom said it wasn't formal wear but I should still dress up a little bit right? Maybe I should-

"Marco Diaz!" I look up to see the teacher staring at me and other students in shock as I look around. "Is my lesson disrupting your daydreaming?" I sit up properly and shake my head ready to pay attention this time. "Then let's continue without the space looks alright?" She turned back to the board to continue teaching. I feel a tap on my shoulder.

"Marco. Are you feeling alright?" I turn to see Star, eyes wide with worry.

"Yea, yea I'm fine." I wave her off and face forward, not wanting to be called out by the teacher again. Copying down the notes on the board, I go back to thinking about the party tomorrow. I was allowed a plus one.

At first I wasn't thinking of having one. I'll have Star and Tom there, but Tom will have invited other friends right? Star will have Pony, Janna, Jackie and Starfan13. They'd all start hanging out in mini cliques and I'd be left awkwardly at the punch bowl. So I've been contemplating on inviting Kelly. Although that brings up a whole new question. I'm only allowed a plus one but who knows what the relationship status of Kelly and Tad is. If they're together then I cant invite either, but that could easily change thrice by the time of the party tomorrow. So its a hard decision.

Before I knew it, I was on auto pilot thinking about the party, and it was already lunch time. Star was practically dragging me to the cafeteria by now.

"glad to see you're back with us mister day dream." She laughs as she pulls me into the lunch line, shoving a tray into my hands. I smile and follow her, adding some food to my tray.

"Yea, I've been thinking about the party. Do you think it'd be weird to ask Kelly as my plus one? I can't think of anyone else but I don't want to be the only one without a plus one ya know?" She stopped me by putting her hand on mine.

"Marco no. I hate to say this, but you want things to happen with Tom eventually right?" She looks at me and I shrug. We continued down the line as people behind us got annoyed at being held up. "If you do, then don't bring a plus one. It'll send the wrong message. I know that Kelly is only a friend, you know Kelly is just a friend, but theres no casual way to bring it up with Tom. If it will make you feel better I'll make sure you're not left alone at like, the punch bowl or something." she giggles as we pay for lunch and make our way to our seats with the others.

"Thanks Star." She reaches over and takes a handful of my fries again. "Hey!"

"Whaaaat? Just the payment for giving you great advice!" She laughs and this time I join her. I really did need the mini talk.

"Nice of you to join us. We were making plans for getting to the party." Janna reaches over for my fries as well but I shove them in my hoodie like yesterday. Jackie laughs a bit then looks at Star, Tom and I.

"Yea, how exactly do we get to the underworld? I don't suppose there's like a stair case or elevator?"

"Actually, there is an elevator but I don't think it can hold all of you. Marco and Star have little bells to summon it." Tom makes a little motion like he's hitting the bell with a hammer, but it looks more like he's using symbols. "But, I could always pick you guys up. I can create a portal at Marco's if you all wanted to meet up at once. Of course, if that's all right with Marco." They all turn to look at me now.

"I mean yea, sure. It's no problem." I smile at Tom and he smiles back. It's nice to see his smile instead of him angry or scared of setting something on fire. "Do you need any help setting up for the party?"

"No! I mean, no I'll be fine. I'm a prince after all, there are plenty people to help set up." Oh. I honestly just wanted the chance to hang out with him again. I guess there will be more time at the party tomorrow. Actually, "hey Tom. How many people are going to be at the party?" He looks down at his hands like he's counting.

"If you and Pony Head bring a plus one, then we're looking at about ten?" Oh. So it's just a small party. "No where close to how many people were at the Blood Moon Ball. That was... a formal status gathering. Tomorrow is just gonna be us being the teens we are". Well, now I know the chances of talking to Tom more are high. Cuz if it's ten, it's just us and whoever Pony brings.

"Tom! It's the weekend. Should we pack for sleepover or just a night thing?" Before he can get a word in, all the girls start talking excitedly about spending the night together and in the underworld. Tom and I make eye contact from across the table and I can't help but laugh. By the time I calmed down, they were all staring at me.

"Heh, sorry, but I can't be the only one realizing the ridiculousness of the situation. A bunch of kids getting excited about going to the underworld". They all stare at me for another couple of seconds before starting to laugh too.

"I'm sure a sleep over will be fine. My parents are weirdly relaxed on any kind of rules like that. I'll just prep some sleeping spots." Tom shrugs and digs into his food. "Only downside is that they might come by every once in a while and say something embarrassing just cuz they can."

"Oh come on Tom, Dave and Wrathmelior aren't that bad." Star jokingly shoved his shoulder and he laughs.

"Oh yes they are. You weren't there the other day. I thought I was going to die." Janna then lifts an eyebrow and looks over at him.

"What happened the other day?" Tom looked at me then at Janna and his face went red. "What happened that the prince of the underworld wanted to die?" I dive in to save him. Janna is a handful.

"It's a figure of speech Janna. He obviously didn't want to actually die. Don't look so excited. It's creepy." She opened her mouth to respond but then we are all saved by the school bell telling us Lunch is over. We all start to throw out our trash, but as we're leaving she yells one more thing. "I'll find out later T fire dude!"
I can't help but wonder what it is too.