IV

Lance's POV

"What about her?" I asked.

Travis offered to stay after school with me so we could talk about what had just happened. Plus, motorbiking in the pouring rain isn't a good idea.

I was grabbing my backpack and things from my locker. I heard Lanny from down the hall.

"Why were you out on the rain?" Lanny questioned, I looked over and saw her and Keith walking down the hall towards us.

He had rain droplets on his shoulders and his hair and flower crown were damp. "I love sitting in the rain." He chuckled.

The two of them walked over to us, "Hey Lance, Laurence told me he could pick you up if you wanted, he was going to drive Keith and I home." Lanny smiled.

I looked to Travis, "Yeah, I gotta go anyway. Bye Lance." He smiled, holding back a laugh, as he ran off down the hall.

I sighed and turned back to my locker, shoving my books into the open backpack I held in my hand. I set my open bag on the floor and turned to my locker door, peeling the photo of Allura and I off the door before crumpling it in my hand.

"Are you okay?" Lanny asked.

"I don't know." I spoke through gritted teeth, if I was being honest I was trying not to cry.

"If you want us to go, we can go wait outside...?" She replied, a hint of a smile in her voice.

"No, I'm fine." I grabbed my bag from the floor zipped it up and slung it over my shoulder. Turning to them as I tossed the balled up photo down the hall. I slammed my locker shut. "Yeah, let's go find Laurence." I smiled.

We walked outside into the rain, Keith and Lanny both held umbrellas and I didn't have one. I sighed softly.

"You wanna share mine?" Keith asked.

I slowly nodded before taking a step closer to him and hiding under his umbrella. I found myself staring at him for a few seconds, as a blush crept up his skin. I chuckled softly to myself, looking ahead of me in search of Laurence's car.

"Who would have thought the punk and the pastel?" Lanny chuckled.

"You say that like we're dating." Keith retorted.

"Aren't you?" She questioned.

"No." Keith breathed.

I sighed as Laurence's car pulled up in the parking lot. "Laurence is here." I sighed.

Although I would have enjoyed sharing Keith's umbrella, something told me he didn't want to be close to me.

I walked out from beside Keith and out into the pouring rain, shoving my hands into my jeans front pockets. Feeling rain hit my head and shoulders as I walked towards the car. Keith and Lanny kept a short distance behind me.

"I call shotgun!" Lanny yelled.

I groaned as I approached the blue car and got into the backseat. I scooted to the other side of the seat, behind the drivers seat where Laurence sat.

"Why did you have to come pick up your car?" I asked.

"I told you, Lavender took hers out of town and I needed mine. I wouldn't have interrupted your class time if I didn't need it." Laurence replied from the front seat.

"When the rain let's up in coming back for my bike." I grumbled, sitting back in the seat.

Soon enough, Keith was a small seat away from me, and Lanny was up in the passengers seat. The car started and the ride was silent until Lanny turned on the radio. As soon as I heard the notes I knew what it was.