XI

Lance's POV

"But I need to stay in town tomorrow!" I protested.

"You are coming with us and that is final, Lance! We are going to visit our families graves!" Lavender growled, as she whipped around to face me.

We had been arguing for about 10 minutes, about whether or not I would be going with them tonight. I couldn't tell her why I had to stay in town, but I had to.

"I'm not going, and you can't make me! I am 16 years old!-"

"I don't care how old you are, I am your legal guardian." She gave me a cold glare.

"You are my older sister, Lavender. I am old enough to care for myself." I growled.

"You are coming with us!" She yelled.

"No! I'm not!" I replied, clenching my fists beside me, as I walked towards my bedroom.

"Why? Why do you need to stay here so badly? What? So you can stay here with your boyfriend?" She replied.

I spun around just as I was in my bedroom doorway to look at her.

"Maybe I do want to stay with my boyfriend. So what! I'm old enough, and I don't want to go!" With that I slammed my bedroom door.

I flopped down onto my bed, grabbing my pillow and covering my face as I let out angry screams.

"Why does Lance get to stay home?" I heard Lanny question, as I stopped angrily yelling into my bed sheets.

"He refuses to go." Lavender sighed, "Please don't act like he is."

"He's going through a lot, Lav. You can't really blame him for wanting to stay here where he can be happy, over coming to see his dead family's gravestones." Lanny quickly explained.

I smiled weakly to myself, I knew Lanny would understand.

"We all lost our parents and Marco. It's not just Lance that miss them, it's not just him that's hurting." Lavender's tone quieted down as she continued. "He needs to learn that the world doesn't revolve around him!" Her voice picked up and cracked as she yelled.

I winced at her words and tone. She sounds like she's crying. I sighed, and rolled onto my back. I was ready for the next few days to be painfully guilt filled.

/|\

I watched the rain drop onto my bedroom window. I saw Lanny, Lavender, and Laurence packing their things for the trip into the car. Lanny looked up at the apartment building and I swear her eyes caught mine for a spilt second. She quickly turned away and got into the back seat of the car, Lavender in the passengers and Laurence in the drivers seat.

I sighed as I watched the car drive out of the large parking lot and away down the road. Once it was out of shut I flopped down onto my bed, pulling my phone from my pocket.

Travis🌱: Ryan told me to meet him at 2:45 at the coffee shop... Is Keith usually down there around that time?

Lance🐬: yeah, his 3 o'clock tea and snack break...

Travis🌱: you know I wouldn't hurt him.

Lance🐬: I know... Thanks, Travis.

Travis🌱: yep... Ya know, I've missed you at the table.

Lance🐬: heh, I've missed you... How's the soulmate? ;)

Travis🌱: actually... We're dating now.

Lance🐬: YOU AND ZANE ARE DATING?