VIII

Lances POV

"What's your favourite flower?" I asked Keith.

At the moment I was slouched over the counter and Keith stood on the other side, actually doing work. He was watering flowers and picking up the ones he needed for the order he had just received.

"Mmmm." He thought for a moment. "I really like lilies... They can come in so many different colours. From light pink to orange..."

I nodded and looked around for a moment, watching Keith spritz the flowers with water. "What's your favourite colour?"

"Red... I know that's odd considering I always wear colours like baby blue, pink, and purple..."

I felt my face heat, as I grabbed at my sweaters wrist. Sure, we both know already... Yet I was super self conscious of the red heart on my wrist.

"What's your favourite colour?" He chuckled, walking over to me. I looked at the ground, wanting my red cheeks to go away.

"Blue. I know I wear black a lot, but like-" I looked up and Keith was staring at me, he was leaning over the other side of the counter our faces mere inches from each other.

"Ya know... Blue is kinda growing on me." Keith smirked.

I felt my face heat as he laughed and pulled back, once again paying attention to the flowers.

/|\

"So I'll see you tomorrow?" Keith asked, we were standing outside of the flower shop.

"You bet..." I breathed, getting onto my bike.

I was just about to put my helmet on when I felt Keith's hand on my shoulder. He moved close quickly and kissed my cheek.

"Bye." He chuckled as he turned and walked off down the street.

I watched him leave and the heat in my cheeks wouldn't go away. I put my helmet on and started up my bike.

I couldn't wait for tomorrow.

/|\

As I walked into the lunch room I heard voices murmuring. It felt as if all eyes were on me. Without warning, Lanny sped walked toward me and grabbed my arm dragging me out of the lunch room.

"Are you crazy?" Lanny spoke, as she dropped my arm after pulling me down the hall. "You didn't break up with your girlfriend?"

"I couldn't do it! It's not that easy." I sighed.

"She's going to milk this, you know that right?" She asked.

"Obviously. She's a drama queen." I huffed, "I was going to bring it up until Ryan sent me the pictures he took of Keith and I..."

"If it makes you feel any better, you can sit with us." Lanny chuckled.

"That'd be nice." I smiled.

We then walked into the lunch room together, walking over to the table she usually sat at. At the moment it was only the two of her friends she usually hung out with. No sign of Keith... I almost sighed until I stopped myself.

I sat next to Lanny the two across from us. One wore a pastel green jumper and flower crown and the other wore the same but in a pastel yellow colour.

I smiled weakly as they gave other an odd look.

"You both know Lance." Lanny spoke, with a smile. "Lance, this is Hunk," she pointed to the boy in yellow, who smiled widely and waved. "And this is Pidge." Lanny gestured to the girl in green. She only stared before smiling softly.