you

it was something about the way he smells that had you drowning in his arms, wanting his sweet fragrance to engulf you whole and out of this world. the way his arms wrapped around your waist, and the way his fingers walked up to your hair, delicately caressing your soft strands. baekhyun himself didn't know what had gotten into him, and neither did you.

he had no idea why he was suddenly giving in to you, like you were the most precious thing his fingers ever laid on. as if the thought of never wanting to stick his nose up into your business the day before, never crossed his mind. as if you two had known each other for ages, even if it was all new to him, feeling temporarily in peace especially with someone he had just met.

it was all weird, but somehow he found comfort in you.

perhaps it was the way you looked when you were curled up in his bed, looking so precious in your peaceful slumber. it was when he arrived back into the apartment, initially wanting to wake you up, but couldn't find the courage to, so it came to mind to open the curtains as quietly as possible, leaving the natural light of the sun to open your eyelids instead.

as soon as he did, he looked back at you still deep in your sleep. he let out a sigh, going up to leave the room when he heard you shuffle.

he disregarded his plan and walked up to you instead, squatting down to meet your face. "wake up," his whisper was barely audible, expecting you to move once more. but your eyelids remained shut, and it gave him the chance to take in your features this time.

he had absolutely no idea how all of it had happened, how he was suddenly here—right in front of your sleeping figure, admiring the curl of your long lashes, perfectly partnered with your natural pink lips and rosy cheeks, along with the few strands of hair that hung right over your left eye. with his head tilting to the side, he had realized how beautiful you looked, especially under the sunlight.

the way his sheets were hugging your body tightly, and your hands curled up into a ball along with it. you looked absolutely adorable to him and he couldn't help the smile slowly forming on his face.

he had no idea how things went by so fast, and how it all happened in one encounter—now here you were, with your arms wrapped tightly around his neck and his on the sides of your waist, tears slowly falling on his shoulder as a soft smile formed on his face yet again. "you're welcome sweetheart," he wholeheartedly says as a soft chuckle followed right after.

he could feel it, your heart beating fast against his chest. you felt it too, and it was in time when you realized how carried away you were and that made you release your hold on him. he noticed your awkward expression and he did the same thing, clearing his throat.

"sorry, i got a little carried away," you said, wiping your tears away and lowering your head to hide your face, fiddling with your fingers as you wait for his response, "no worries," he says and you continued on, "but really, thank you so much. you have no idea how grateful i am, i don't even know if i deserve this.. just.. just let me know if you don't feel comfortable with me living here because i promise i'll leave as soon as you te-"

his eyes widened slightly at your words, waving his hands in front of you as he shook his head, "no, no.. i told you a million times; it's okay."

you utter out an okay before lowering your head back down.

"do you have anywhere to go today?" he asked as you gasp lightly, grabbing your phone that lay near the pillows to check the time.